4.2 carat Rubyvale sapphire

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
4.2 carat deep teal coloured Rubyvale sapphire, cut in a round brilliant.

1526528630_20180516_2008271.jpg

1526529398_20180517_121538.jpg

The colour is quite deep but the stone returns some nice flashes in good light. At around 9.5mm in diameter, this is quite a good sized sapphire. It would sit well as a large ring stone but would easily suit a pendent because of its size.

Disclosure: the stone contains two silky inclusions down in the bottom, common in untreated natural sapphires. These are not easily visible to the eye face up and would not detract from the appearence in a setting.

Asking $550. Price is negotiable.

Cheers dam it. Yep, its quite attractive to the eye if you like deep coloured stones. Its quite a bit more lively with colour flashes in good light than the camera is able to capture. Some people really like those really deep tones. A lady I used towork with would always pick the really deep midnight blues as her favourites whenever I took my collection in to show around the lunch room table.

I will have to get back to some of that Lowmead amethyst in some new designs, I stillhave a few decent sized pieces there, along with some bits that are smaller but of a really intense colour.

Cheers Jaros. Yep, I cant go past a good sapphire, they,ve been in my blood since since my family first had claims in the late "sapphire boom" ofthe70's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts