Detecting Durikai

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all!!

I've been detecting since sept/Oct last year..and lots of trash and led bullets..tried carbeen, andos, nothin but crap so far lol......then stopped over summer as way to hot...and got a ctx3030 for the beaches here on the Goldy to keep me entertained in between gold field trips (found good gold on the beaches to be honest with rings, pendants, chains etc lol) ...'but I'll be heading out to Durikai with the zed for a day trip Thursday 24th! Fingers crossed for something other than led haha!

Happy hunting everyone!!

Sounds good mate! keep an eye out for a black FJ cruiser (i'll try to get out there about 9/10am)..I'll be close by..unless lost in the bush or down a really deep hole digging a massive nugget lol

Im gonna try spot which i first tried..found lots of crap so thinking not many would have been in same area as they would have cleared all the crap previously...

I'll be trying an area around middle of Burrabaranger rd..inbetween carbean & the cunningham hwy. I know lots of people don't like to disclose where they're going, but I don't care, as some others on this site have pointed me in the right direction of past gold findings!! and I still havent managed to find anything in those locations either ... (might change if I do score a big fat nugget, but at the moment, not bothered about telling anyone where I'm heading..as I've got no idea haha, apart from few google earth searches for historic flooding areas etc...looks like the gully at six mile creek would have gone under a few times...so hopefully there's some shiny stuff in the area..but last time i was there...4 hrs..ish and lots of led shot, bullets etc!

and after disclosing where I'm heading would be great to hear from anyone on this site to confirm if they've found anything near six mile creek?

Hope to see you out there! :Y:

Hi Gents

will be at the Karara Pub on this Friday and Saturday night around 6pm onwards , if you need a hand -- found a heaps of small stuff a few weeks ago -- and a couple of specimens cant identify - looks like copper -- green and blue outlines -- Mark

I'd love to mate, but I'll be heading back to Gold Coast Thurs after finding all the gold haha. I just hope I find little color at least!

Funny Dan leave 1 nugget for me tho well ill be around karara area Thursday from 1pm and staying at karara pub Thursday night and gold detecting all Friday then heading home late Friday arvo

Just keep raking -- someone has raked and raked up along the fence -- only to leave a couple of very small nuggets behind - love you work, thanks to easy when someone has done the hard work - Mark

i was all set!! but gonna have to change up plans to next week which is good and bad...good news is I'll be out there for Thurs & Fri!! Bad news, gotta wait a week for diggin holes in the bush!! see ya next week Durikai!

has anyone got mud maps to get to the southern end of Durikai -- tried on the weekend but ended up on the northside - thanks Mark

Hi Guys,everybody talks about Durikai and some find gold most don't, I have asdc 2300 and never find gold at Durikai .Is there other places I could try in the same area?

Hey 300 I feel the same. I am going Thursday and Friday days out there but I am trying the talgai areas for next few weeks

Sorry 300 and Joshua B. It depends what your hearing. I too use the sdc. On Sunday. Slowly slowly. Normal have setting on 2 but cranked it to 5, as wasn't picking up lead shot or anything Went over the same ground. Then bang A very very little bit. Down 10cm in qualtz Yes the easy stuff is gone. Now the hard work. Listen to the waves. It's only little change. I was wearing steel cup boots. Pissed me off every time my left foot went forward. It will come

Na, I just use images from google earth, and then hit the dirt tracts with the gps...I've taken a few wrong turns but its all part of the journey lol

I think you can try google maps for durikai and pay small amount of money and get some maps, but not sure what website is.

well another trip to durikai (2 days - 4-5hrs each day) and more bullets & bullet cases, lots of lead and old bits of fence, tin and trash! no mozzies or ticks was a bonus and weather was perfect!

have to wonder...is it really worth it heading out there? or maybe try travel to further locations, but where its still producing and larger nugget potential..i.e triangle in vic or WA or NQ...hmmmm what to do, and where to plan to visit .....cause durikai aint cuttin it for me after about 8 or 9 visits now near the twins, andos patch, carbean rd and rabbit fence rd, down mountain maid rd, also opposite the crazy spider house near the old Chinese diggings..big bloody holes there haha and near puddlers..and all no gold..might give talgai a crack next time like joshua b reckons before heading interstate lol

or if anyone can prove me wrong and take me to a spot with them i've got thursdays and fridays free most of the time and would be great to just see someone else find something other than seeing a photo on here...private message of course, I'd love to know there really is something left out there other than relics and lead.

I did stop at Glendons on the way back..swung the gpz for little while but nothing apart from trash.. and did a pan in the dam with some dirt i filled a bucket with near the carpark fossicking area from a gully..found 1 speck of gold in the pan! Eureka!! hahaha!

Happy gold hunting everyone! :Y:

Latest posts