Poor form

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madtuna

Only owns one toaster
Reaction score
A gent, not a member of the forum, doesnt contribute though reads it and sponges for clues.
Camps outside the local van park from 8.30am waiting for a tour group to leave then follows them all the way to thier camp site.

Yesterday afternoon he drove right into their camp...oh what a coincidence, I had no idea you were here blah blah blah

No 40E or permission to be where he was so he was asked politely to leave which he did. Next morning I catch him not 200 metres from thier camp sneaking through the bushes following thier tracks and hed been obviously following and checking thier dig holes etc.

Told a bit more strongly to make himself go away this time.

Mate, if youre reading this, thats pathetic. Either pay for the tour like the guests have or bugger off and find your own gold.

Grrrrr reading this makes me so mad MT. I Would class this as stealing. Not only from the tour group owners but the owner of the area it was done in and also the local community. Hopefully he does not show his face out your way MT and probably for his own good. I also hope the tour group organisers report this incident to the Dept of mining.

Could have fun with a bloke like that by planting a few surprises in the ground for him ]:D

People put more time and effort into trying to steal a patch than what it usually takes to do their own homework :(

Bloody leaches :mad: i often get frustrated by the guest numbers on here and the sharing generousity of members being milked by people that dont contribute and they browse all the forums milking info :mad:

I think i have said it before , if you have juicy information either ensure its in the members section or use PMs to share it .

LoneWolf said:
:eek: The Sneaky F$%^... Let his tyres down next time you see him waiting.... :p

LW....

Ha ha and then glide on past while he's trying to sort out where he can get some glider fuel. Dirty shifty filthy little I better stop :mad:. Might be worth while advising the local coppers of the next tour and the departure time and location and the previous events.

A few mining companies on the station have me check for illegal mining on thier leases and have supplied two vehicle mounted cameras that also voice record, gps etc etc.
So as much as sometimes youd love to, I cant do anything illegal or nasty as its all recorded.

LoneWolf said:
:eek: The Sneaky F$%^... Let his tyres down next time you see him waiting.... :p

LW....

All 4 and the spare/s too boot...

Actually the removal of valves usually causes them a few problems..

The one Id love to catch and wouldnt care if the camera was on is....we have a well absolutely struggling, cattle are lined up to get a sip at the trough. The 27000 litre tanks has about 6 inches in the bottom and Im pumping it daily with a submersible.

Some animal had climbed up the ladder, took a crap through the inspection lid and I had to climb in the tank and unclog the outlet full of toilet paper. :N: :mad:

Used to leave a note in our plant machinery that we had to leave out bush saying hello your on camera, leave $ 50 we will forget about it and wont press charges amazing that we stopped getting symphoned after and made a few dollars. if something like that fails there is always the fresh turd in tinfoil trick. Childish but undeniable amusing.

madtuna said:
The one Id love to catch and wouldnt care if the camera was on is....we have a well absolutely struggling, cattle are lined up to get a sip at the trough. The 27000 litre tanks has about 6 inches in the bottom and Im pumping it daily with a submersible.

Some animal had climbed up the ladder, took a crap through the inspection lid and I had to climb in the tank and unclog the outlet full of toilet paper. :N: :mad:
Dirty fu##er

I'm going to ask the dumb question mt why would they do that to start of with ? Just no reason , to get back at owners no wonder i can understand why some land owners are like they are ,my family have got problem with shooters cutting fences (near cobar ) if they only come to homestead 9 out of ten will let them on grrrrrrrrr!!!

Just another of the many oxygen thieves that you politely call a knee .................. that being about a foot lower than a ;)
Someone suggested remove the tyre valves ? Much better to cut the valve stems off, because then they have to remove the tyres to refit them :Y:

Flatlander said:
I'm going to ask the dumb question mt why would they do that to start of with ? Just no reason , to get back at owners no wonder i can understand why some land owners are like they are ,my family have got problem with shooters cutting fences (near cobar ) if they only come to homestead 9 out of ten will let them on grrrrrrrrr!!!

Not a dumb question at all and you are probably right- some dicks idea of revenge.
Bit of a coincidence it's a well we've just asked people to please not take water from as it's struggling badly.

We pride ourselves on being a prospector friendly station. All we ask is let us know you're here and what area you're in- for your safety and ours. No guns- as per WA law. No dogs- it's a working cattle station and we bait heavily plus don't want to mistakenly shoot your dog.

The rest is just common sence stuff,- don't leave a mess, don't drive on wet tracks, don't steal our stuff and be legal as doing a wrongy just makes it harder for everyone else and will eventually get prospecting shut down.

Incidentally, 8 solar panels pinched from the repeater station last week.