Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the GPS at Xmas PLB arrived early this week.
1525684094_f81ddf66-8dfd-4c5b-9274-3c6b51b50224.jpg
set for some wilderness trips now! Cheers.

bought one of these made by southern metal spinners . this is the 10 inch job .
i have only ever had and or used cast iron but i thought i would get one of these and try them out . mainly cos they are not as heavy by a long way and not as fragile as the old cast iron . i will not part with my old iron though.
so one of todays jobs will be give it a clean get rid of the machine oil then season it and if i get chance duck out to my block on the weekend drop a kid knock the back legs off and whip up a nice feed .
might try lake frome braise which to date i have only done with wallaby but very very nice and that recipe should work well with goat .
johno
1525901260_20180510_071240_resized.jpg

Spent the day in Wollongong today,so decided to go and have a look at Toys and Things.Had a bit of a chat to Lee the owner.Very pleasant guy to deal with,ended up purchasing a Garrett Digger.Thanks Lee.

texta said:
bought one of these made by southern metal spinners . this is the 10 inch job .
i have only ever had and or used cast iron but i thought i would get one of these and try them out . mainly cos they are not as heavy by a long way and not as fragile as the old cast iron . i will not part with my old iron though.
so one of todays jobs will be give it a clean get rid of the machine oil then season it and if i get chance duck out to my block on the weekend drop a kid knock the back legs off and whip up a nice feed .
might try lake frome braise which to date i have only done with wallaby but very very nice and that recipe should work well with goat .
johno
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...es/192/1525901260_20180510_071240_resized.jpg

Good kit and Double D leather do a nice bag for it also :) :Y: Yeah it's a plug ..................... he gave me one including the cooker ;) :Y: :Y:

1526716255_dd_cooker.jpg

diggit said:
Stirling 41L portable fridge/freezer....last one reduced from 499 to $349.

Go ALDI!

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3031/1526642593_20180518_211757.jpg

A few stubbies in there to test it out so if my later posts make no sense then its safe to say that the fridge is working :D

Congrats on the Fridge Freezer, Looks awesome like a rebadged Waeco so it should run forever, let us know what you think of it when you have finished done testing :Y: Ok,

J.

texta said:
yesterday in lismore at the gem show i bought some rocks .need to get out and find my own though .
and a small tumbler . i will be making a larger tumbler to just to get me up and running i bought this small one .
johno
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...es/192/1526861383_20180521_100415_resized.jpg

If you buy 2 more Barrels, You wont have Cross-contamination of Grits.... 1 Barrel for each Grit... Makes life easier... :) They are a great little unit... :Y:

LW.....

LoneWolf said:
texta said:
yesterday in lismore at the gem show i bought some rocks .need to get out and find my own though .
and a small tumbler . i will be making a larger tumbler to just to get me up and running i bought this small one .
johno
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...es/192/1526861383_20180521_100415_resized.jpg

If you buy 2 more Barrels, You wont have Cross-contamination of Grits.... 1 Barrel for each Grit... Makes life easier... :) They are a great little unit... :Y:

LW.....
yeah thanks already been thinking along those lines , though they are 58 bucks each it would be a good idea and just mark each barrel with the grit size .
johno

What size are they ? I may be able to get them a bit cheaper for you.... Did you buy it at Gemcuts stall at Lismore Gem show?

I also have some info on Tumbling if you need it...

LW....

Latest posts