gday from north brissie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all. My partner & I have recently decided that it's time to get out and about, away fron the 9-5 grind & start looking for the yellow stuff. We have detectors and all the panning gear. Now we need to look for places to go. Have tried Gympie & warwick, without much sucess, lol. Anywhere close to brissie that is good to spend a day out and about while we learn? Any info appreciated :)

1526603745_43.jpg

Hi there.
Unfortunately there is nowhere else except Warwick or gympie close to brisbane, unless you have permission on private property or can find some unoccupied crown land... Good luck :Y:

Close to Brisbane and within 5 to 10 hrs driving and you are chasing fly shite gold in general and need good gear...

The better gold fields are many hrs away by Car or Plane and you need lots of good gear and accessories..

And good gear is gpz or gpx or sdc and accessories so for 2 people, your looking at $25K plus; without the Car and camping gear...

It is what it is... If it was easy Gold would be cheep...

Fellow prospector Anne Robijn and her husband have been making the trip to Clermont from Hervey Bay every year for the past decade.

"It's a lovely hobby. It gets you out in the bush and it will be nice to see some younger people coming through, people that are retiring in the next five years," Ms Robijn said.

Economic boost for regional centres - Clermont Community and Business Group president Sharon Jansen said gold prospecting generated $500 million a year for Clermont's economy.

"The gold prospecting season runs from April to September, so they stay and invest in our community for months at a time, so it's a huge economic boost," she said.

Guess what... Nothing like $500 million in gold a year is found in that area.

A great hobby and past time; but not about getting rich... Better luck with Lotto...

AngerManagement said:
A great hobby and past time; but not about getting rich... Better luck with Lotto...

I have to agree. The days of strolling through virgin bushland pocketing shjloads of nuggets along the way are long gone. Bugger!
Of course most of it is still there, but just not within easy reach.

I'm no expert, but in my experience it's easier to spend shjtloads more money looking for the stuff than it is to make money from what you might find.

Good luck! The gold IS out there!

Latest posts