Steel Phase Amplifier

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pirate pete said:
I dont want a freebie just the one Ipaid for the coiltek Maryborough is waiting for stock so I am waiting for mine :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well the positive is that if they weren't any good, the demand wouldn't exceed the supply :Y: :Y: Steelpats going as hard as he can I believe ? :lol:

Northeast said:
It's nice to see you on here Jen. Your input has been missed over on the DP forum.

Hope the spo1 gets the gold for you :Y:

Awwwww Hugs... thank you Northeast.... :8

It's been a while since i was active on the Aussie forums, I've missed them. I'm way past burnt out on all the immaturity on the yank forums so you'll probably see me here more often, both literally and physically, it's been over a year since I dragged my detector down under for a trip so am planning another one.

I just realized I hadn't signed up as premium since coming back, so I just did to support the board, $20.00 is a small price for all this knowledge and mateship. :party:

Thanks again.
Jen

Stru said:
If I pull it out one click then I get both modes (but a little interference as its not in properly then)...so guess I need to grab another set with just the two black rings...bummer as most ear phone/bud set up dont seem to suit my ear shape and fall out! Thought Id post in case others have encountered the same.

Hi Stru, have you tried using a 6.35mm (1/4 Inch) Mono Plug to 3.5mm Stereo Jack Adaptor? You may want to double check with Nenad to make sure it will work but something like this (they use to sell them on Jaycar and Dick Smith but I was unable to find them). It's kind of a unique adapter so may take a bit of looking to find, this one appears on back order, you can probably find them on ebay or a local audio shop if in a CBD.

https://www.macfixit.com.au/metal-6...lug-to-3-5mm-stereo-jack-adaptor-gold-plated/

Will this fix his problem Nenad?

Jen

1526480289_metal-6-35mm-1-4-inch-mono-plug-to-3-5mm-stereo-jack-adaptor-gold-plated-18e.jpg

1526480300_metal-6-35mm-1-4-inch-mono-plug-to-3-5mm-stereo-jack-adaptor-gold-plated-934.jpg

Not really sure Jen!? I use a jack like above but with the two black rings. I recon the above jack would only provide mono sound and I think you need stereo connections to use both functions of the sp01? waiting to find a good price on Sennheiser CX 1.0 in ear ear phones that i sussed out yesterday...

Correct Stru. If you want to use Mode 2 on the sP01 with those ear buds, just get a 1/4" stereo socket and wire it up in stereo. So you'd just have 1 wire unterminated.

I did some more experimenting the other day with Filter 3 ...

This was with the SDC2300 - late at night on a still night with no wind and low EMI ... detector was running well on Sensitivity 5 Threshold 3. SP01 was set to Filter 3 with the volume cranked up as high as it would go.

I got a faint wobble .... not really a signal, just a barely audible increase in volume and a wobble in pitch.

I switched the SP01 back to Filter 2 and turned the volume down to about 70% and tried again - I could immediately tell that Filter 3 was better - in Filter 2 I think I might have missed the target.

I dug down about 15 cm and pulled out this marble sized specimen.

I think I need to do some more experimenting though so I'm going to be doing some more comparisons with targets between Filter 2 and Filter 3.

1526646540_20180518_114055small.jpg

Pirate pete said:
Still waiting for mine
Hey Pete

Sorry for the delay but I am making them as fast as I can. Unfortunately I do have another job as well but I am scaling that back so I can increase production. We have a lot of back order but yours shouldnt be too far off.

regards
Pat

I have one, and I highly recommend it. I had to return mine due to a faulty jack, it was fixed and returned within 7 days and not being able to use it when it was being fixed reminded me how good this unit is .

Decisions ................ decisions .......................... just not sure if I should get the Steelphase unit or the Phasetech one ? ;) Either way sounds like either or iether is the way to go judging on the feedback of these units :Y: :Y: :Y:

Bogger said:
Decisions ................ decisions .......................... just not sure if I should get the Steelphase unit or the Phasetech one ? ;) Either way sounds like either or iether is the way to go judging on the feedback of these units :Y: :Y: :Y:

Same one :).
And yes you should I have one and I cannot believe the difference. More robust and great signal. But this is my opinion.
Great build quality.
My only advice would be buy a case for the device. I did not and wish I had, making do with a Bunnings case.
But for me it came down to money.

Cheers

Jennifer said:
They're worth the wait boys n goyles... trust me...... I have my B&Z on several forums classifieds sections and can't give the thing away..sigh.. oh well... it had its place in my tool belt, but this one is no comparison.. well done boys...

Jen
You can give it away now Jen,
Just send me a pm and will forward my address, will even cover postage for you

HoudiniHarry said:
Bogger said:

Same one :).
And yes you should I have one and I cannot believe the difference. More robust and great signal. But this is my opinion.
Great build quality.
My only advice would be buy a case for the device. I did not and wish I had, making do with a Bunnings case.
But for me it came down to money.

Cheers

Yes have to agree on the pouch Houdini ................. but decisions again :D :D Good gear either way :Y:

1527068100_phase_tech_pouch.jpg

1527068133_steel_phase_pouch.jpg

Latest posts