You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Gravity
22 June 2017 07:56 pm

Lets all go camp there next Autumm next year, like I said loads of cache's to be found let alone a few bones haha

Z-7000 SPO1
Life's a garden Dig It.

1 user likes this post: nucopia

Gravity
22 June 2017 09:30 pm

Last edited by Gravity (22 June 2017 09:44 pm)

Z-7000 SPO1
Life's a garden Dig It.

nucopia
23 June 2017 12:14 am

BigWave wrote:

I would loved to have seen that thumbsup
Then I'd be a believer.

Yep I am a sceptic but seeing something like that would be very freaky and convincing .
I would be up for a camp and swing there some time, if ever one was organised.

every day is an adventure

1 user likes this post: Gravity

xcvator
16 May 2018 09:32 pm

Does any one know if there are any free camping areas around there, come late spring I'd like to have a go at that area for both relics and gold

Spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can
Trying to use an XP DEUS

1 user likes this post: Gravity

Gravity
16 May 2018 09:58 pm

xcvator wrote:

Does any one know if there are any free camping areas around there, come late spring I'd like to have a go at that area for both relics and gold

I'm sure there's a few around and the local camp parks are very reasonable in price at least you can use their facilities, this is one of the best times of the year to go just a stunning place with snow on the mountain tops.

Cheers

Z-7000 SPO1
Life's a garden Dig It.

1 user likes this post: RM Outback

goldierocks
17 May 2018 07:26 am

Occasional_panner wrote:

The Buckland has a lot of history to it. It was the site of the first large scale race riots in Australia, where the Anglo Saxons chased off the Chinese miners.
Some BIG dredges operated in the area, now we can't even take a shovel there.

Wasn't it the American miners chased the Chinese off on the 4th July? And next day the Irish beat up the Americans? Also it was the first major riot (as you say, large-scale) but not the first riot. "In 1854 a group of Chinese arriving at Melbourne wharf were beaten and abused, and over the next three years anti-Chinese violence by small mobs of Europeans broke out in Bendigo, Castlemaine, Ballarat, Diamond Gully, Maryborough, Campbell's Creek/Guildford, Creswick, Smythes Creek, Tarrengower, Peg Leg Gully, Spring Creek and Mount Blackwood". I think the anti-Chinese head tax had already been introduced. One of the major complaints was that they worked too hard (they were on contract to businessmen back in China, and came armed with phrase books). They were skilled at mining unlike many early diggers, and actually discovered some goldfields (they discovered the Canton lead at Ararat because they had been forced to walk through there from Robe, SA, because of the Victorian head tax). Peter Lalor, head of the Eureka up rising, actually caused the Clunes trouble by trying to employ Chinese miners at his mine. Like the aborigines and African Americans (4 at Eureka, another one discovered the Cathcart goldfield) their significance has been underestimated and even ignored in gold-mining history).

Robert Benchley...
I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.

3 users like this post: RM Outback, Gravity, Ship of fools

Ship of fools
17 May 2018 01:40 pm

Occasional_panner wrote:

Alright!
I was camped along the buckland on one of the many flats there on a nice still summer night but there was plenty of moonlight so you could still see really well.
I was sitting by the fire in my chair having a beer and this old timer fella came past with this old antique wheel barrow with a wooden wheel. He went straight past my camp without looking at me, then he went straight through the trunk of this big tree and carried on his way.
Like I said I'm not a believer but I just can't explain that. neutral

I love a good story!
This is a story left unfinished, and needs to be followed through!
Matt T

Skipper of the Dauntless “Thirsty”

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site