Parks V Beaches in SA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well was going back to the beach today but decided not to as tomorrow have a club hunt at Moana beach south meeting at Graham Rabbett reserve at 9.30 am if anyone is interested as the club is always looking for new members and you can always learn something new

Nice showing of Beach Silvers and Coins mate....:) I never made it to Brighton Beach the day I was supposed to get there....Got sidetracked but had fun with my daughter. :)

just back from 5 weeks on the west coast fishing n detecting when the weather would permit
1523845127_img_1200-1.jpg
$140.15 cents in spendables
1523845171_img_1201-1.jpg
Bag full of 1&2cent pieces
1523845229_img_1203-1.jpg
Only 2shillings &1 3pence.Thought i would have found more of these as the oval used to be the old show grounds
1523845373_img_1204-1.jpg
This buck old timer knife (USA Made) Found on a beach.Now i have alot of money laundering to do.Basically the weather was terrible and really strong North winds made detecting really difficult with lots of dust. :)

well i finally got out for my first park since coming home from holidays only got in an hour at an oval because someone else was already there detecting but didnt do too bad ending up with $14.60 plus half a $2 coin So the 3030 has only about $125 to pay for itself
1524384010_img_1205-1.jpg
flyrodder said:
the money payed for the fuel in the boat which inturn caught fish So yes free meal lol

went to a local park for a quicky detect this morn only found a $1.25 but did find a girls purse buried about 6 in down under bark in a playground it held all her cards inc her licence but no money.Recon it was stolen so took it to Sturt police station so they can return it to her.She lives in Morphett Vale n i found it at Marion quite a distance away. Went to another Park yesterday for around $16 so was hoping to have done better today no such luck except for that girl who will get her property back

flyrodder said:
went to a local park for a quicky detect this morn only found a $1.25 but did find a girls purse buried about 6 in down under bark in a playground it held all her cards inc her licence but no money.Recon it was stolen so took it to Sturt police station so they can return it to her.She lives in Morphett Vale n i found it at Marion quite a distance away. Went to another Park yesterday for around $16 so was hoping to have done better today no such luck except for that girl who will get her property back
Well done Flyrodder, let's hope the young lass appreciates getting it back.

have been doing a few parks round Marion to Henley Beach lately for quite a few spendables but found a small park the other day n thought never knew that was there so today thought i would have a look before the rain came.Well walked for 3/4 hour n nothing when i could see the rain coming so headed for the car but had to walk under a tree when the 3030 let out a high note right next to a big treeroot thought thats silver so had to dig under the root pin pointer said it was in my hand but still couldnt see it when i noticed a small coin thought a 3pence down came the rain so drove home.At home still couldnt make out the coin make so let it soak. Couple of hours later started to clean it then could make out a 3 so under the micro scope to find out it is a 1879 British 3 pence my oldest EVER coin So the walk wasnt wasted absolutely stoked
1526368166_img_1212.jpg
:lol:

Still doing parks as there is still no Strong s to sw winds to tear into the beaches only bloody northerlies Anyway 8 parks that i originally covered with the 705 & now redoing with the CTX $85.40 in coins
1528516709_85.40_coins.jpg
2 Silver rings n 2 silver earings
1528516793_img_1215-1.jpg
1949 Half penny 1946
1528516858_img_1217-1.jpg
Penny 1 Indian coin & 1 us dime
1528516917_img_1216-1.jpg
& the obligitary 1& 2 cent pieces
1528516980_img_1218-1.jpg
Plus a lot of junk which i dont bother keeping Now i need some new parks so time to look outside the square :lol:

The CTX did well on the spendables and rings! Your part of Adelaide does get hit pretty hard (or has in the past), very difficult to find somewhere thay has been overlooked, also lots of top dressed areas making it near nm impossible to find older coins.

Latest posts