Minelab GP3500 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roy ..yes a good call the GP3500 is a good machine of its time being an upgrade of the 2xxx series ..
with a variety of coils and settings you should be right.. small coils to big coils , mono's and DD ..
good luck
Gef

My mate who i prospect with has a GP 3500, he also has an array of coils.

To help him out id love to jag a GP expert who can yell out some base line settings etc for the coils. (Am aware it will change on ground condition etc).

Coils:

17" mono nugget finder
11" DD minelab
11" elite mono
8" mono minelab

Running a super sound DETacc signal enhancer.

Really just after some rough ideas of which coil is most suitable for general prospecting vs cleaning up a patch and any must knows with each coils settings.

Even would like to know any settings he could possibly be mucking up making the machine very noisy.

Thanks in advance

Just use the 11 dd to start of with it may take some time to get the detector running good but just stick with the dd ,after a few weeks try switching it into mono mode you must work slow regards john :Y:

My old girl nerver ran a mono worth Shit !
Found most of my 35 gold with a dd commander 11 inch ?

11" DD
Coil switch DD
Soil - Sensitive
Boost - Deep
Tracking - medium
Signal, Volume, Tone all on 3 o'clock

That should get him going and will find small targets and handle the ground well.

Also run detector in all metal mode unless in trashy areas with a double d coil. Pays to do a tune before you start each morning, ref to owners manual if unsure how to do a tune.

What would be the best settings using this combo, Gp 3500 and 12" nugget finder mono coil, heavy magnetite area too, cheers Noel.

Your best setting would be to go to a DD coil ;)

But if you want to try get the Mono to run, have all settings on Normal, and use Medium tracking. Magnetite will usually be a pain, so you can try Salt timing to reduce its response.

Finally got my first detector today, a Minelab GP3500 in mint condition. Added a Nugget Finder 14" coil to it. Came with a brand new battery & Koss UR-30 headphones.

Also included a nice little cover as well. Bungee cord was also attached.

All that remains is to get out amongst it!

1593766926_gp3500.jpg

:Y: Best part about Melbourne is looking back at the Westgate bridge.LOL.
Best part is you have started with a common sense detector rather than rushing into the top end,and in recent weeks have seen 4 others wanting to buy this model, the last of the switch on and go and easy to master.good luck. :Y:

shifty1 said:
:Y: Best part about Melbourne is looking back at the Westgate bridge.LOL.
Best part is you have started with a common sense detector rather than rushing into the top end,and in recent weeks have seen 4 others wanting to buy this model, the last of the switch on and go and easy to master.good luck. :Y:

I, like most newcomers, thought I could start with cheaper & did not want to spend too much up front. But after a bit of a health scare I thought bugger it & dug deeper into the pockets. When this came up in mint condition through a dealer with warranty, I jumped at it.

The amount of reading I did on here before I took the plunge was invaluable. All of the sage advice & write ups made the decision rather simple. All that remains is to be allowed out in the bush.

Latest posts