Steel Phase Amplifier

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
diggit said:
If I may suggest some improved RF shielding for the next Steelphase iteration. I had to leave my mobile phone in the car due to the interference on the SP01, not ideal as I use it for navigation in the bush. The only reason I left my phone in the car was that I was staying withing 100m of my car and had visual at all times.

The SP01 is a great product imho but the shielding/anti interference could be better although I'm not aware of how technically possible this is to achieve. Something to consider.

Hey Diggit,

The complete sP01 aluminium case is earthed/shielded as are the cables but, as would happen if you have the phone close to your detector coil/control box etc, you will still get some form of interference. Especially if the phone is on the edge of 4G/3G reception as it continually polls to a repeater. If the phone is either switched to 'airplane mode' (which is what is recommended) or placed in a pocket away from the enhancer, there shouldnt be a problem. I have mine in a pocket well away from the enhancer and have no issues at all.
Hope this helps.

regards Pat

Dron said:
I've found that now I've gotten used to detecting with the SP01 I can't go back to detecting without it .... considering getting a 2nd one so I can always have one on charge, but then it doesn't take long to recharge anyway.

My question is, does anyone use Filter 3? I initially dismissed it because of the volume drop, but I was playing with it yesterday and I swear it picked up a piece of birdshot that was barely audible in Filter 2. This was with SDC2300. SteelPat can you give us any hints what Filter 3 does?

Hey Dron

Depending on what frequency your threshold runs at, each filter will be slightly different. The filter switch (I should have really called it something else because its not really a filter as such) selects a certain band of frequencies to be enhanced. So depending on the threshold frequency, the effect of each setting will be different.

regards Pat

With my phone, I have found it just needs to be about 30cm away from the sP01 and there's no issues.

Nice finds Muk. Here's a photo one of my customers has allowed me to share. All with the 2300.

1526254301_sp01_and_sdc2300_w.jpg

SteelPat said:
diggit said:
If I may suggest some improved RF shielding for the next Steelphase iteration. I had to leave my mobile phone in the car due to the interference on the SP01, not ideal as I use it for navigation in the bush. The only reason I left my phone in the car was that I was staying withing 100m of my car and had visual at all times.

The SP01 is a great product imho but the shielding/anti interference could be better although I'm not aware of how technically possible this is to achieve. Something to consider.

Hey Diggit,

The complete sP01 aluminium case is earthed/shielded as are the cables but, as would happen if you have the phone close to your detector coil/control box etc, you will still get some form of interference. Especially if the phone is on the edge of 4G/3G reception as it continually polls to a repeater. If the phone is either switched to 'airplane mode' (which is what is recommended) or placed in a pocket away from the enhancer, there shouldnt be a problem. I have mine in a pocket well away from the enhancer and have no issues at all.
Hope this helps.

regards Pat

Thanks for that....I'll switch to Airplane mode and that should help immensely :Y:

Gday all I find if its a bit noisy and you cant settle your threshold down i noise cancel 2/3 times in a row I usually run sdc on 4 spo1 mode 2 filter 1volume 5 and if still noisy no threshold at all works a treat cheers Muk.

Hi all can someone give me the measurements of the unit as I want to make a belt holster befor it arrives will also need the connection possie on the side so I can put the hole in the right place cheers .PP

Gday all my young bloke and mrs&kids arrived back from holidays I picked them up from airport got them home and settled so the young bloke and I set off for a detect done alright 7bits with the 7000 and 6with sdc/spo1 combo will be the last outing for awhile as I start work tommorrow has been good all in a flogged spot and I think we need to camp there and have a real crack at it cheers Muk.
1526304425_187dace3-13fd-49da-b384-a84233224326.jpg

Jennifer said:
Looking forward to purchasing one and selling my new in the box B&Z. How long before you've replenish Rob's (Rob's Detectors) stock, and send some cases/pouches as well. :)

Jennifer
Hi Jennifer
Don't know why you would sell your new in box B&Z Booster, will do the same job. It's like everything, someone promotes a brand name and everyone has to jump on it. I have a B&Z Booster (running it with GPZ7000) as others I know also have and we are doing well with it. I have no affiliation with any brand either.
Cheers Jamie

More Leadshot said:
Jennifer said:
Looking forward to purchasing one and selling my new in the box B&Z. How long before you've replenish Rob's (Rob's Detectors) stock, and send some cases/pouches as well. :)

Jennifer
Hi Jennifer
Don't know why you would sell your new in box B&Z Booster, will do the same job. It's like everything, someone promotes a brand name and everyone has to jump on it. I have a B&Z Booster (running it with GPZ7000) as others I know also have and we are doing well with it. I have no affiliation with any brand either.
Cheers Jamie

Thank you for your feedback Jamie, much appreciated.

I just like trying the latest goodies is all. :)

Jen

Hi Jennifer,

You wont regret purchasing the SP01. I have both units and the SP01 is a clear winner in my books. I have run both units on the SDC and GPX and often swap to compare how they sound. On both detectors the SP01 gives a much clearer signal as the background noise is much quieter. Both perform their intended task quite well. If I take someone out detecting with me, guess who gets the B&Z? Enough said.

Cheers

Les

Yep some units do the same job as others but others sometimes simply do the job better :eek: From what I have seen / heard you won't go wrong with the SP01 :Y:
Have no affiliation with this product ...................... but wouldn't mind a freebie ;)

I dont want a freebie just the one Ipaid for the coiltek Maryborough is waiting for stock so I am waiting for mine :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Pirate pete said:
Hi all can someone give me the measurements of the unit as I want to make a belt holster befor it arrives will also need the connection possie on the side so I can put the hole in the right place cheers .PP

You probably already know this but Nenad sells a matching pouch for the unit as well.

Jen

Bogger and Lesgold, thank you for the great news... Nenad and his partner make top notch gear, for sure.

Jen

My favourite (and only) ear buds that I use with the 7000 are the type you can use with a mobile phone and talk into...they have three black rings on the end bit... i put it into a jack to fit the sp01...Im not much of a tech head but if the three prongs are fully into my jack then I can only use one mode on the enhancer. If I pull it out one click then I get both modes (but a little interference as its not in properly then)...so guess I need to grab another set with just the two black rings...bummer as most ear phone/bud set up dont seem to suit my ear shape and fall out! Thought Id post in case others have encountered the same.

Jennifer said:
Pirate pete said:

You probably already know this but Nenad sells a matching pouch for the unit as well.

Jen
Hi Jen thanks I know they have pouches but i was a shoe repairer for nearly 20 years and can make the pouch the way i want it then I cant blame anyone else lol but thanks anyway .PP

Pirate pete said:
Jennifer said:
Pirate pete said:

Jen
Hi Jen thanks I know they have pouches but i was a shoe repairer for nearly 20 years and can make the pouch the way i want it then I cant blame anyone else lol but thanks anyway .PP

I've never read such a load of cobblers in my entire life! ;)

Latest posts