Panning in Cressy Vic

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone knows of kid friendly accessible areas to pan in cressy vic
Just looking to take the kids out for a pan the normal spots I go are too steep or have no water.

Thanks.

Hey Steven, I don't think that you're being ignored. It's probably that no-one knows, it's pretty dry everywhere at the moment.

Anolphart said:
Hey Steven, I don't think that you're being ignored. It's probably that no-one knows, it's pretty dry everywhere at the moment.

Thanks Anolphart

hopefully someone may have some info before the weekend.

Better to go to a place that has gold. The nearest is around Rokewood and Pitfield Plains (eg in the Woady Yallock river). Need to check that legal. Cressy is on the basalt plains, too far south for the river to have cut down into the older gold-bearing rocks.

goldierocks said:
Better to go to a place that has gold. The nearest is around Rokewood and Pitfield Plains (eg in the Woady Yallock river). Need to check that legal. Cressy is on the basalt plains, too far south for the river to have cut down into the older gold-bearing rocks.

thanks
will suss it out just hoping to be as close to colac as possible the kids want to go but get bored quick.

Hey mate

Im from colac we head to Dereel we find thats the easiest spot to go was last there on friday (11/5) there was quite a bit of water laying around in the creeks after the rain we had the other day enough to pan in even managed to find a little gold also. We normally make a day out of it with the bbq and a bit of 4x4ing. If we need to cut the day short we grab a couple of bucket to take back home.

Latest posts