control box on your harness

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi fellow gold addicts
my name is michael (sdc2300 Gpx5000) ive been a gold addict now for about five years but this is the first time ive been able to admit that so its a big step fwd for me.
my addiction started due to watching a youtube video through pier pressure from a freind who was already deep into his addiction and i got the taste for it now im hooked,i dont speak to family or freinds about it as they would want to join in the fun but im not going to put them in harms way if i can help it, it totally cosumes my time and enthusiasim for anything else , its just gold gold gold all day every day , i even find myself doing it (youtubing,books,web) at work and sporting events and in the pub as well, my clean freinds try to pry me away but i just have no control over it. well that was my intro , thanks for listening.

Anywhos has anyone ever tried to put their control box on their harness as you do with the battery? would it affect preformanceat all?

Hi and welcome. You have taken your first step in the addiction , taking to a fellow support group. As for the battery you can buy a smaller battery and case to fit your device these have been around for years and successful

Cheers

Welcome to PA mate :Y: the only issue i can think of would be a balence issue as the control box is sort of a counter weight for the coil , running small light coils it shouldnt be a problem whereas big heavy coils could put all the weight on your hand instead of distributing equally between elbow and hand.

Thanks mate,
i could see how that may be an issue , if i have a little 8x6 sadie on the end it should be ok ,ill give it a go tomorrow and see how it feels.
just trying to minmise the weight, do the little batteries work well?ie heard they dont keep their charge consitantally or for a decent period.

Hi and welcome!
Big problem I see is cable movement giving false signals.

G'day mate welcome to PA I'm with AF on this one being unbalanced for 6 to 8 hours will drive you insane if not you me at least. The control box really doesn't weight that much and any mod's you make would see you having to come up with a solution to a problem you've created. Anyway you might have some thoughts that prove me wrong all the best with your idea.