Minelab GPZ7000 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all , Just wanted to share that ever since owning my Z I've had two issues , the first being the hand grip head unit came loose from the shaft so returned it to Miners Den and got it back with a complete replacement of the head unit under warranty.
Recently while in the field experienced a vertical black line in the centre of the screen (annoying) and found the machine not maintaining threshold, had to turn off and reset several times before running smooth again.
Back to Miners Den and sent it back to Minelab, Just picked it up the other day and to my surprise a completely new head unit at no cost to me after almost 3 years amazing.
Thank you Minelab that's looking after your customers well done

Thank you :Y:

Minelab have given me customer service over and above any other product I have ever purchased in my lifetime. This includes a completely new SDC when all that ailed it was a faulty switch, swapped a 4500 for a 5000 at no extra cost to keep a customer happy and replaced a $1500 part free that was smashed by my own doing. I won't go into details as there are those that would try to scam their generosity and thus harm it for future buyers / claims. But would buy there products again and again as their product back up is beyond question. Fraser Kendall who I believe is Australian sales manager, is not only a gentleman to deal with but also looks at it from the consumers point of view and responds accordingly. Well done Minelab. :Y: :Y: :Y:

I am going to buy a 19" coil for my Zed, does anybody know if they come with a skid plate or if there is a preferred skid plate for them?

Hi Magilla,
The ML19 inch coil for the 7000 comes with a spoked skid plate, also you can purchase a Nugget Finder full skid plate for the coil if the spoked type is not to your liking for one reason or another. The NF plate prevents the issues of sticks and other stuff getting caught up in the coil spoke gaps, the trade-off though is that dirt and other debris can accumulate on the top of the skid plate between the spokes, I have used the NF plate almost from day one and have no problem with using it, just tip it upside down as required to throw out any offending items.
Cheers, Sinhof.

SinHof said:
Hi Magilla,
The ML19 inch coil for the 7000 comes with a spoked skid plate, also you can purchase a Nugget Finder full skid plate for the coil if the spoked type is not to your liking for one reason or another. The NF plate prevents the issues of sticks and other stuff getting caught up in the coil spoke gaps, the trade-off though is that dirt and other debris can accumulate on the top of the skid plate between the spokes, I have used the NF plate almost from day one and have no problem with using it, just tip it upside down as required to throw out any offending items.
Cheers, Sinhof.

Thanks mate, I was wondering whether the NF plate was any better. Now that I know the coil comes with a basic plate I might give that a go for a while and go from there. Cheers.

NF plate is a lot better but last time i swung the 19 Magilla i was at Long Gully Kingower about 8 months ago and detected for 6 hours straight. In the end i was done and im 90 plus kilos. i'm no Schwarzenegger but i think i'm reasonably a strong bloke. Just a warning mate, it is heavy after swinging it for a long period of time but the misses reckons i'm a softy so you might go all right :power: All the best.

The 19 is heavy and awkward in undulating country, the coil has a replacable base/skidplate that will take many hours to wear out, a solid skid plate would pay if theres any sticks because the spokes in the 19 are a stick magnet and can make me very likely to smash the coil as it just picks up every stick and wont let them go :awful: , the bigest time consumer of the 19 is pinpointing .....time consuming :rolleyes: :mad: :awful: , and having to dig a hole big enough to keep a clear idea of where your target is can call for a tractor.
I am unconvinced by my 19 but it is deffinently super sensitive and covers heaps of ground but i can recover the targets atleast twice as quick with the 14 so there for i have a greater chance of gold. The country i generally hit is no deeper than 8 inches so the 14 does all that is needed. I dont think i will sell my 19 yet as its good when the going is good .

i agree AF i got that way I'll use 2300 as a pinpointer i only use the 14 but I've never used 19 1500 bucks and a another coil too cart around but i might buy one second hand one day doing nth qld this year and looks like got to be in port headland next year if the moons align might get one for wa ??

Latest posts