New XP MI-4 pinpointer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Chris,

On their way into the country now, the MI4 has the exact internals of the MI6 it just doesn't have the bluetooth connectivity for the Deus like Goldpick mentioned.

Retail pricing TBA but it will be under $200 for a premium quality pin pointer that is fully waterproof.

Details announced in the next day or 2 once the listing is finalised in the store.

The XP Pointer happily competes against the Carrot and TRX for functionality and features.

Happy Hunting

Clegy

P.S the long and often boring comparison of pinpointers video I made is below.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/rUzbojrpo4s[/video]

The Mi-6 is a bit of an underrated pinpointer in a market saturated by other brands. Much prefer it over the Garrett Carrot, especially with the expanded sensitivity control when paired with the Deus, and silent pinpointing for night detecting.

Strange thing with the previous mentioned dropout issues is that haven't had any at all lately, and still haven't updated the Deus to the latest software as yet. That's electronics for you. ;)

had 2 drop outs since updating. It has improved alot, gone from wanting to throw it at a tree, to a seldom inconvenience.

It so seldom happens now that it doesn't even enter my brain during a hunt. Though one habit that has stuck with me is constantly checking the coil on my boot rivets to see if it has turned back on again. :p

oh gosh I just bought MI-6 from Clegy. I hope mine is fine. Although I have not bought A Deus yet...... :D

I was just reading manual But they might have mistake on it?
1525821597_capture2.jpg

All the programs have vibrate on. :( :rolleyes:

But manual said first 3 programs have vibration on. But 456 have vibration on as well.
1525822071_capture3.jpg

It just means that vibration "On" is the default setting for all programs through 1-7, though you do have the option to turn off the vibration feature for programs 1-3 to save power. Programs 4-6 have vibrate only and no audio.

Goldpick said:
It just means that vibration "On" is the default setting for all programs through 1-7, though you do have the option to turn off the vibration feature for programs 1-3 to save power. Programs 4-6 have vibrate only and no audio.

Understood! I cannot wait to use it. Only thing I might have problem is the rear cap. I need to clean and dry before open it otherwise, dust and water will damage that charging socket? I wonder I can use mobile phone mat charger. 8)

I never have any trouble with dirt/moisture entering the rear compartment when removing the cap, I also use a pinpointer cover to suit the MI-6 (Clegy sells them). As the MI-6 is waterproof, you can just wash it off under running water, then towel it down before removing the rear cap for charging. I don't have to charge it very often as when you use it with the Deus you can get up to 90 hours of use before needing to recharge.

I had trouble turning off my new MI-6 on Saturday.
I read manual again and realized that I need to let finger go after 1.5 sec, otherwise it will go to program setting mode. I need to learn the timing. Because, I was using Makro pinpointer before and makro one need to press+ hold green button until hear the beep.

Anyway I love new XP pinpointer!
1527469979_img_20180527_143529.jpg

Is anybody still having problems with the pinpointer connecting. Mine is taking about 30 seconds to connect & on occasions takes the same to reconnect to the detector. I have done the latest update. Any ideas. Cheers.

Yeah me. There are days I just want to smash the damn thing under a 20lb sledge swung by a 25 tonne digger. Other days no problems, I turn it on, it turns itself off. Does this a few times in a row to. Wont connect but if it does it does nothing. At times it even takes awhile for the Deus to come back on. So bad the last one I've even had to shut everything down and restart it all (reboot). I've unpaired and repaired more times than I can count. Running the latest updates as well. Makes for a very frustrating hunt when it's having a hissy fit

I used to have all the above mentioned issues with the MI-6, though since updating it has been working fine - and I thought I was having more issues than most others.

You still get the odd moment when the Deus takes a few seconds to switch back from pinpointer to the coil, but nowhere near as bad as when I first got it.

Got a feeling it was worse when using the HF coil vs the other three LF coils.