Noob with a fever

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys. Based in Geelong, I've not long become interested in Prospecting and already gold fever is setting in. Go slow I keep telling myself but no, over 1k spent already just acquiring a little amount of gear. Next purchase will be a detector, but not before I wrap my head around as much info as I can take in without going into overload. Anyway I won't ramble on too much, just wanted to intro myself and say G'day!

G'day Danyel welcome to PA use the search icon top left there's heaps of info to read on detector types. What fever have you come down with Gold / Treasure / Coins or all the above, doesn't really matter there all good fevers :Y:. Ask as many questions as you like if that helps don't worry about the expense it's only a hobbie :D get what you can afford and run with it.

Welcome to the Forum Danyel.
The learning curve is steep at first, my advice would be to try to tackle one topic at a time. You'll get your head around it if you stick around here for long!

Thanks for the welcome guys. Truth be known, i have been lurking in here for about a month before joining. I've learnt a lot already but know there is much much more to go. I hope eventually I'll be able to contribute to this group, rather than just benefiting as is currently the case. Jaros, the bro inlaw must be a good bloke if he lives in Geelong :D

1525755321_hoodies.jpg

PabloP said:
You have a PMAV branch in Geelong. Go along and join up as will have group field trips.
They meet at Lucky Strike, 45 Mercer St, Geelong on 1st Monday of the month at 7pm.

Rob P.

Thanks for the tip Pablo. Sounds great only I work Monday afternoon shifts :(

Thank you that isdefenatly my thing all I can do is study it all now. thank you. online I have found much about the inverelle area secret stuff in front of you if you look it up, there are diamonds and topaz to so fun for me and my passion. :rainbow: :Y: :)