Minelab Pro-Find 35

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't really see the benefit of having a pinpointer that discriminates...... Don't want to miss those ironstone covered nuggets. For park/beach hunting with a good treasure detector which already has excellent discrimination it would be next to useless. I wonder if it will still be bend sensitive and false badly like the profind 25??

Though a pinpointer that doesn't interfere with GPX detectors would be good.

I doubt it would be next to useless. Especially around trash. In regards to gold, well I never use a pin pointer unless it is deep, and even then it is too early to tell how it will function. The other main features like fully waterproof are overdue. Interference issues are not something I ever experienced with SDC or GPZ or even the Gold Racer, so maybe Minelab have addressed the GPX issues, would be smart if they did.

I kinda agree that iron discrimination isn't a MUST, especially because I dig everything, but you can never have too many tools in the kit, so as long as the other features are improved that will be my main decider for purchasing a couple of these babies.

Pinpointers are great for using while gold detecting for finding trash targets quickly so you can move onto the next target, especially useful if you're using a big coil. I use mine alot for this purpose. Some blokes don't like scoops either for gold detecting...... Each to their own.

Hi flyrodder , hope it works well for you. I'm . hoping to get one myself soon.
cheers mate

ran some air tests between my 25 and the new 35 last night finding the difference of an inch between the 2 the 35 goes deeper and the is a notable diference in the ferrous and non ferrous sound emitted on the 35. When it stops raining i will set up a ground test between the 2
flyrodder said:
just picked up my profind 35 pinpointer should be interesting to give it a go :p :lol:

flyrodder said:
ran some air tests between my 25 and the new 35 last night finding the difference of an inch between the 2 the 35 goes deeper and the is a notable diference in the ferrous and non ferrous sound emitted on the 35. When it stops raining i will set up a ground test between the 2
flyrodder said:
just picked up my profind 35 pinpointer should be interesting to give it a go :p :lol:

I would also would love to know how it perform in beach wet sand as well! :D

caparobertsan said:
flyrodder said:
flyrodder said:

I would also would love to know how it perform in beach wet sand as well! :D
had its first run at the beach yesterday and to say im quite impressed it definately went deeper than my 25 Now just got to get used to the 2 sounds it makes No problems at all in wet sand So far loving it

I notice on Anaconda website ( yes there on special again ) the 3 stores I checked dont have any ....

A bloke elsewhere bought a 35 through Anaconda. Online & got a profind 15

Just wondering whats your thoughts are on the Pro-Find 35 and how beep it picks up different coins? Thanks

I can not express how happy I have been with the Pro Find 35. What a powerful tool it is to have in your arsenal.

A little advice to anyone who may be having issues, the strongest setting on the pinpointer is very sensitive, use it to your advantage, but then lower the sensitivity a few notches to help locate target very easily.
When checking hot rocks, also lower the sensitivity down a few.

I love how quick it turns on and off. Thumbs up from me.

hAyyoUinAU said:
I can not express how happy I have been with the Pro Find 35. What a powerful tool it is to have in your arsenal.

A little advice to anyone who may be having issues, the strongest setting on the pinpointer is very sensitive, use it to your advantage, but then lower the sensitivity a few notches to help locate target very easily.
When checking hot rocks, also lower the sensitivity down a few.

I love how quick it turns on and off. Thumbs up from me.

i have one of the first ones to see sales :cool: :cool:

most awesome pointer :cool:

just don't drop it ;)

Trash said:
I notice on Anaconda website

Ah Anaconda... going to a big box discounter to become a prospector is like going to McDonalds to become a chef. Shop at your local prospecting store or you will miss them when they are gone

Good advice counts for alot and if your serious about prospecting your wasting time and opportunity shopping at a big orange box.... end of rant ]:D

Profind 35 is an excellent pinpointer. Although
I dont have 100% faith in its descrimination until it is basically in contact with the target.

Nuggz said:
Trash said:
I notice on Anaconda website

Ah Anaconda... going to a big box discounter to become a prospector is like going to McDonalds to become a chef. Shop at your local prospecting store or you will miss them when they are gone

Good advice counts for alot and if your serious about prospecting your wasting time and opportunity shopping at a big orange box.... end of rant ]:D

Profind 35 is an excellent pinpointer. Although
I dont have 100% faith in its descrimination until it is basically in contact with the target.

This post is worth pinning to the top of the forum as a must read to continue :Y: :Y:

discrimination doesn't worry me 8) i leave that to my CTX :cool: :cool:

I don't use the discrimination in the pin pointer either. I haven't had a need to with how well NOX pin points.
Could be a very useful feature in the right situation I guess.
I also don't really use a pin pointer out in the gold fields, unless it is a very deep hole dug. My pin pointer is mainly for relic/coin hunting.

Anaconda will most probably tank, hopefully it will. I would rather see 100 small businesses instead.

I have noticed how many people think that all they have to do is buy a detector and the gold will start flowing. Easy as that.
Then after they understand that a DETECTOR is only a tool to help, they realise how hard and tough it actually can be and is.

There is a lot more to finding gold than just swinging a detector over gold bearing ground.

Gold nuggets are rare, finding one is even rarer.

How much better is the 35 than the old Profind 25 ?

I barely ever used mine , just use the edge of coil but i guess they would be good if you're chasing coins.

I like the PF25 over the PF35 - Problem is NO more 25's are available....

Have others for scuba or water work, but do not like the PF35's field shape or its performance in saltwater - much better than the Carrot but still not up to scratch...

The almost unused PF35 is available for sale along with an unused Nokta... Both are just taking up space and need to be moved along... Like teh Nokta over the PF35 but can not get on-board with the button placement.. I am just a bit old and fussy these days.

If no one at the club meeting this Thursday wants them, I will put up here :Y: Or if you PM me, details can be discussed..

Latest posts