Gemorama 2018..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LoneWolf said:
Dihusky, did you try the (I will be shot for this) Local Caravan park at Emmaville?... they have had dogs before...

LW...

I haven't, do they have cabins?

Manpa said:
Sorry to hijack this thread but Dihusky but I think I have Rigby the wonder dogs sister, markings are almost identical down to the White on the neck. (Kira)

Gorgeous, how old?... Rigby is 10 now and a Border Collie/Healer cross, and Kira

Dihusky said:
LoneWolf said:
Dihusky, did you try the (I will be shot for this) Local Caravan park at Emmaville?... they have had dogs before...

LW...

I haven't, do they have cabins?

Manpa said:
Sorry to hijack this thread but Dihusky but I think I have Rigby the wonder dogs sister, markings are almost identical down to the White on the neck. (Kira)

Gorgeous, how old?... Rigby is 10 now and a Border Collie/Healer cross, and Kira

Kira is seven, strangely she is a Staffordshire terrier cross Dalmatian, lovely dog, loves a chat but I bit flighty sometimes.

No Cabins, just a big patch of grass with what you would possibly call a 'Toilet Block'..... :lol: They do have powered sites tho... I can give you the number if you need it...

Only a 3min drive from Bobs place.... You can camp at Bobs too if that suits you... But no power... :)

LW....

LoneWolf said:
No Cabins, just a big patch of grass with what you would possibly call a 'Toilet Block'..... :lol: They do have powered sites tho... I can give you the number if you need it...

Only a 3min drive from Bobs place.... You can camp at Bobs too if that suits you... But no power... :)

LW....

Thanks Lone Wolf, currently we don't have a caravan or camper trailer and I don't think our old bones will handle the ground too well, even if under a Hootchie and on top of a Yoga mat, let alone what I might be in for if I suggest it too my wife!! :mad: I think it's going to be Bullock Mt Rd corrugations

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen and Rigby :D The Field Trips have been sorted and this is where We are off to This Year :party: ..... There is a facebook page on the Event and here is the link to it....

https://www.facebook.com/Gemorama/

Saturday 9th June.. Webs Consoles Silver Mine... Lots of Silver related Minerals to be found... Here is a link with some more History on the Mine and what can be found...

http://johnsnewenglandminerals.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/webbs-consols-and-related-mines.html A very good Website on New England Mining History and Locations :Y:

Sunday 10th June.. Three Waters Homestead... Sapphires, Zircons and Quartz Crystals... Bring your Horse if you want.. :D

http://www.threewatersholidays.com.au/

Monday 11th June.. Mystery Trip !... Private Property has been accessed to provide us with a unique opportunity to find Quartz Crystals, Tourmaline, Cassiterite (Tin Crystals), Fluorite and Others...

As this Final Location is on Gulf Rd, Emmaville, just a little further on after Gadens Copper Mine turn off, We may also head up to Gadens Mine for a bit of a look and a Fossick as well... Well worth a visit.. Bring a Torch, as there is a 300m Tunnel that We can access. :cool: ...

4X4 Access ONLY from the Turn-off up to the Mine(very rough track last time I was up there)... Transport can be arranged if needed up to the Mine....

Other Trips a 2wd is OK...

Hope to see you there :Y:

LW....

This is on 3 Waters Homestead... Bob knows more on facebook. :Y: .. I personally have Never been there, so I can't offer any SS's... We will only know if We go.... :lol:

LW...

Ok now We are getting close... Those that are coming, better bring your Winter Woolies... It was -1 at Bob's place this Morning :eek: But the Cold spell should be over soon... Plenty of Accommodation at the 2 pubs in town for those who like a Snuggy Bed... :lol:

LW....

Yes im not a happy Fossicker ATM... My mate pulled out of our Annual trip to Lismore at the last second.. So I didn't go... First one I have missed in 5yrs... 8.( :N:

It will be good to catch-up Bluecurrant... :D

LW...

Well Bob has been busy getting everything ready for the First Gemorama... Should be a great Event, lots of interest that's for sure...

Now for the Disappointing News..... :N: I cant make the Event... 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.( :8

My Missus has had Lower Back issues for quite some time now and We have been waiting for a date in Hospital for Her to have a Procedure on her Spine ...
I got a phone call yesterday and She goes in this Thursday... :( I tried to put it off, but if I do that She won't get in for another 4 months... She really needs this done Now as She is in constant Pain and you can't take Panadine Fort for ever... She will be in Hospital for about 5 days...
I am SO Gutted I cant make the Event that I have helped organise... :brokenh:

I sincerely Apologise to those that were looking forward to catching up this Week-end ( Bluecurrant, Dihusky, Rigby :) )... Hopefully We can meet up at some other time in the Future.... :Y:

LW....

ps.... Have a great time and Please take lots of Pics, so I can see You having Fun. :brokenh: :Y: .... The Life of a Carer is Always Fun... :/

I feel that the procedure is only a temporary fix as it is a de-generative issue.... Thanks for the kind words tho, It means a lot, believe me... :Y: :)

LW....

i would realy like to go too but i dont know that i will be able to . i have my mums funeral in brisbane on friday .and a lot going on . but i wil give it some more thought between now and then a see what happens .might be that a bit of time away would be good for the wife and i , just dont know how i will feel this weekend .
johno.

Sorry to hear johno... She is Resting in a Better Place Now.. O:) . Time out is good, but only when time is Right... PM if you need to chat Bud... ;)

LW....

So disappointing to hear you guys are going to miss the event and we are going to miss meeting a few more people that we have come to know through this forum.

LoneWolf, the very best to your wife, I also have a degenerative back problem following many years of abuse, fortunately for me Pilates has worked wonders, I sincerely hope everything goes well for her and the results are a massive improvement in her quality of life, chronic pain is very debilitating, all the very best mate.

Texta, my heart felt commiserations, I am sure your mum would want you to still enjoy your life doing the things you love to do, Gemorama will probably be the 'pick-me-up' you need.

Thanks Dihusky for your kind words.... We will meet up one day... Perhaps you need a hand with your Rig one day( Sheet-metal Worker by Trade).. And We both live on the GC...

Pilates is on the list of things to do...When She can move... :Y: Glad you found the 'other' Forum ;) :lol:

LW....