Minelab Equinox VDI's / TID's

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use this: It prints small and, when folded and laminated, it fits in my shirt pocket.
1523255956_22nox_id_s.jpg

Fnx50 said:
I use this: It prints small and, when folded and laminated, it fits in my shirt pocket.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4872/1523255956_22nox_id_s.jpg

Cheers Mate

Very detailed and covers a lot of targets and of course the tricky bits of junk that can fool the best of us.

Thanks mate

1: 23k Yellow gold band 7.6g, 26-27

2: 18k White gold band 10.3g, 19-mostly 20.
3: 18k White gold band, 6.6g, 13
4: 18k Rose gold band with stones 5.7g, 18

5: 14k Yellow gold with stones filligree ring 6.4g, 15-16

6: 10k Yellow gold with stones, 1.6g, mostly 9-10

7: 9k Yellow gold band 5.6g, 19- mostly 20.
8: 9k Yellow gold band 5.4g, 20-21
9: 9k Yellow gold band 4.6g, 17
10: 9k Yellow gold band 3.1g, 17
11: 9k Yellow gold band 1.1g, 9
12: 9k Rose gold signet ring 5g, mostly 19-20
13: 9k Rose gold vintage 1890's ring 4.4g, 21-22

Heatho said:
Test done indoors, Park 1 sens 10 as recommended by minelab for indoor air tests.

Good test Heatho thanks for sharing, just goes to show you that they can vary quite a bit.

Thanks from me too. Looks like there's gonna be plenty more ring pulls in my future. The old round ones with the teardrop tab are particularly annoying as they give off quite a loud, clear 17 sometimes.

Top job fella. A full TID for the Nox would be awesome. Anyone done one yet?

Still getting used to the different TID scale in the Nox, have to remind myself which machine I'm on. Old habits die hard.

If anyone else wants to add any other gold jewellery finds plaese do and I'll add them to the list in the first post with your name next to them.

Yes that is the problem with finding gold jewellery, the spread on the TID's is huge, it could literally be any number, though as you can see alot fall around 17-20 and around goldie range of 21, higher target ID's are less likely to be missed as a lot of people including myself are always on the hunt for silver coins. That 23k ring when digging I thought it was going to be a florin, how surprised I was when gold appeared in my hand.

OldGT said:
Top job fella. A full TID for the Nox would be awesome. Anyone done one yet?

Still getting used to the different TID scale in the Nox, have to remind myself which machine I'm on. Old habits die hard.
Don't know if would be that accurate. I've personally found that some coins ID's can vary a fair bit depending on depth, which mode you're in and whether the coin is laying flat or on it's edge. I just dig anything 14 or above until I get sick of ringpulls then bump it to 18.

Thanks heatho, and good to see you will add everything to the first post to keep it all in the one listing :Y: it looks as though regardless of karat, that most of the heavier weighted rings fall in the higher tid range :D It also confirms for me why i haven't retrieved any rings with the nox :rolleyes: :8 At least with wishfull as my only competion around here, i will refind all those lower tid's and dig :p

Secret Squirrels said:
Thanks heatho, and good to see you will add everything to the first post to keep it all in the one listing :Y: it looks as though regardless of karat, that most of the heavier weighted rings fall in the higher tid range :D It also confirms for me why i haven't retrieved any rings with the nox :rolleyes: :8 At least with wishfull as my only competion around here, i will refind all those lower tid's and dig :p

Finding most of those with the CTX alot of them fell around a TID of 12:29-32 so they stood out from most of the background trash, the main gripe I have with the Nox is that it has a narrower spread between trash and treasure TID's, but once you get used to it it's not so bad.

Three of those nice rings I found with my Aldi tector. :lol:

Fnx50 said:
I use this: It prints small and, when folded and laminated, it fits in my shirt pocket.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4872/1523255956_22nox_id_s.jpg

I found a few of these a bit off like the early threepence is a solid 23 and a few other numbers a bit off. Is the target id the same for the 800 and 600?

All the early thrips I've found are always 21 they may flick to 22 but mostly solid 21..The wheat ones are mostly always 16 may flick to 17 sometimes .I use the 800. Interesting yours are solid 23.The only difference I have found with that chart is the 6 pence some older ones are 27.

Smoky bandit said:
All the early thrips I've found are always 21 they may flick to 22 but mostly solid 21..The wheat ones are mostly always 16 may flick to 17 sometimes .I use the 800. Interesting yours are solid 23.The only difference I have found with that chart is the 6 pence some older ones are 27.

Hey Smokey, i will take a couple out with me and do a air test then in the same ground found. The ground might have something to do with it. Acually theu were 1880-1904 english ones so that might be why. Will let your all know