Westozadventures

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
diggit said:
Did all of the discarded rubbish attract all of the ants?
Nah they always come for the frypan and water. In about 3 days or so my camp starts looking pretty trashed, but when I leave all that's left is a pile of ash and flat full of chain lines.

Goldchaser1 said:
That got them sorted westoz,have ya got a fix for all the mozzies out bush at the moment?
Nah mate not yet, we didn't have any mozzies this first trip, flies were bad though. Last year on the first trip the mozzies were biting through jeans and jumpers!!! Not much can stop the mozzies that I found yet.

Westozadventures said:
diggit said:
Nah they always come for the frypan and water. In about 3 days or so my camp starts looking pretty trashed, but when I leave all that's left is a pile of ash and flat full of chain lines.

Is it worth leaving a piece of burger a small distance from camp so that the ants focus on that instead of your frypan?

diggit said:
Westozadventures said:
diggit said:

Is it worth leaving a piece of burger a small distance from camp so that the ants focus on that instead of your frypan?

i tried chucking chop bones out from camp a bit but nah they are everywhere. They ate through the bottom of my mates rubbish bag hahahaha, I use empty carton boxes for the rubbish, because i have plenty of them. drop them off in the parking bay bins on the way home. crush all the cans too and take them to scrap metal, basically worthless though.

Westoz,

As always great vids thanks for posting....
Always good to see your adventures....
Looks like you and Ole'mate have the machines dialed in .......

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Latest posts