KAL / KAMBALDA GOLDFEILDS HIGHWAY INFO REQUIRED

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys heading to the Kal area whilst on a trip round Aus , used geoview ID some spots between kal and kambalda just seems strange that the area is so active with pending and active leases yet this stretch is bare ? Theres open pit mines in the area that have produced but are now shut so its a gold bearing stretch .
Checked as best I could for native titles claims and active seems like theres none .

Anyone had any experience area here ? Would love some info

Will also call mines dept when there open tomorrow

I WAS THERE 17 YEARS AGO AND I DIDNT GO LOOKING FOR PLACES TO DETECT BUT IT WAS RICH LONG AGO AND IS MENTIONED IN GOLD AND GHOSTS SO DO YOUR RESEARCH THINGS HAVE CHANGED SINCE THEN :Y:

Great stretch of ground down through there,usually stay away cause its just to busy,will be having a squizz on tengraph for interest sakes,really need to contact the station owner at Woolibar probably,he doesnt take likely to not being notified....

Nice cheers mate , will be in Kal tomorrow for a few days so get the info from DMP n make the necessary calls when i pick a spot .
Seems like it would be a busy spot being so close to kal and easily accessible and not under pending or active lease .

Yep please give Matt or Katt a ring and let them know your intentions, also theyd really appreciate you letting them know if you see anything out of the ordinary... dead stock fences cut etc.

Unfortunately during prospecting season getting fences cut is a weekly occurrence, even when theres a gate 100 metres further along the fence. :mad:

madtuna said:
Yep please give Matt or Katt a ring and let them know your intentions, also theyd really appreciate you letting them know if you see anything out of the ordinary... dead stock fences cut etc.

Unfortunately during prospecting season getting fences cut is a weekly occurrence, even when theres a gate 100 metres further along the fence. :mad:

That is such a pain when people do that. It is not like we have enough problems as it is already. Also for the guys who work on or run stations it is unnecessary time they have to waste repairing damaged fences. Grrrrr we have a similar problem down my way with hunting poachers cutting fences. :mad:

Jeeezz , thats BS ! Ppl like that will spoil it for the honest ones.
I do wonder somtimes how many ppl actually make the effort to check the legality / retrictions of the ground there on . Some old boys ive spoken to told me about jumping fences or tips on spots theyd recently been when i checked the avaliblty of the ground it was under an active lease.

Thanks for the info tho guys , geo view has a big green patch all around kal ( obviously ?) seems some little blue bits and empty spots between. Wish i had pulled my finger out and got a couple of 40es together now

Latest posts