Camp Set Up Tips & Tricks Plus Products That Work And Those That Don't

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goldchaser1 said:
yeah looks bit lighter bogger,are they steel for welding the bits on?

No alloy mate so have to tig on any brackets needed ............... and most are crappy alloy and a bugger to tig actually. :N: Top of pole is threaded but so fixing light is easy enough :Y:

GC if you have oxy welded then you should pick up tig welding pretty quick ................ just get the puddle flowing .............. have found cleaning the material well before welding is the trick, and some cheap and nasty alloys are more difficult. Lincoln .................. great units :Y:

No matter what you are putting up, a tent, awning, cover all tarp, always put a half hitch on the supporting pole.
This moves all the energy / pressure onto the pole, and not the canvass.

1524205990_tent.jpg

The half hitch is there to take the pressure of the canvas and on to the pole.
Putting a nut on the top will only turn the awning into a parachute during strong wind.

shakergt said:
Redfin said:
No matter what you are putting up, a tent, awning, cover all tarp, always put a half hitch on the supporting pole.
This moves all the energy / pressure onto the pole, and not the canvass.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/232/1524205990_tent.jpg

Cub campers now use a butterfly nut on top of the poles. There is no chance of the pole coming out once the butterfly nut is in place

Struth Mate you must have Big Butterflies round where you Live, :eek: :eek: :Y:

John.

xcvator said:
Manpa said:
Just proof that as blokes where not good at doing two things at once.

Rubbish, utter rubbish, I can drink beer, get urinated and watch tv at the same time

Genius, :Y: When I grow up I wanna be just like you,,, But i'll av to ask Mum first ;)

I have been watching this Guy build his Troopy with some pretty good Ideas and I like the sound of these new "Lead Chrystal" batteries which allow you to use every Amp left in the battery, he has 2 of them that gives him a total of a 156 Amps plus he has the original battery in the Engine bay and a 120w solar panel on the roof,

Love this Truck aye, :Y:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgA6bIYWcss

Now that's a sweet tidy build with some excellent workmanship. :Y: :Y: But damn he's poured some big bucks into it :rolleyes: Loved the raised air intake description ie a snorkel ;) but doubt his troopie will ever reach speeds to attain any positive pressure for the ram air he speaks of but :D

Just finished another rust magnet for Fraser, no question it's not as trick but then at $1200 all up registered ready to go, damn good bang for buck and a good example of the fact you don't need to sink thousands into a prospecting vehicle :Y: The winch cost nearly as much as the car initially did :rolleyes:

1524363006_fraser_pajero.jpg