Heading out to durikai this weekend

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
the Mrs just arranged a GM1000 for my birthday, so heading out to Durikai on sunday.

this will be my 1st time using a detector, so if anyone of you happen to be heading out, and feel like teaching a noob some basics, that would be great.

cheers

jimmy

awesome RockHunter, thanks for the link :)

Mike, if you see a guy and his Mrs with a GM1000 with clearly no idea what they are doing....that's us, come say hi :)

300, yeah, i've already looked at the areas we can go :)

not sure where we will end up yet, i'm assuming you have to go a fair way off of the road if you go to the durikai road part.

so might try that, or try forestry road side :)

mikeB

we are aiming to be around from about 10am on sunday, ( we are coming from the sunshine coast)

good luck if we don't run into you :)

cheers
jimmy

Glendons is a great place to camp and you'll get access to fossick their property that way, 'the carpark' gets a thrashing but I managed to find just over a gram from four pieces.

Good luck out there.

You can access Durikai by jumping the back fence at Glendon. I never found any gold there but only stayed overnight on the way home from Brisbane.

Heading to Warwick karara area gold detecting again Thursday and Friday anyone keen to come

Hi Gents

will be at the Karara Pub on this Friday and Saturday night around 6pm onwards , if you need a hand -- found a heaps of small stuff a few weeks ago -- and a couple of specimens cant identify - looks like copper -- green and blue outlines -- Mark

Latest posts