Coiltek elite 14" coil very tap sensitive

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have had the 14" elite round coil on a 4500 for just over a year now. It has been a great coil very quiet on hot ground and found most of my gold with the beast.
But recently the coil has become unusable every little tap sets it off. I have setup my 4500 back to factory a few times but no change still very touch sensitive.
My question is, have others found this or is this unusual?

Sent it back under warranty so I will see what the result is when I get it returned.

Cheers

yep get a bit of tap noise think its just the way they are made I will be swiching to the 12inch evo

Probably a silly question but have you cleaned out your skid plate?

every coiltek coil I have had has done the same, save some headaches and buy a NF from now on, I ended up giving my 14" elite away, only used it a few times, all of my NF coils have been bulletproof you can belt them against a tree and it won't sound off.I said last time I wouldn't buy another coiltek but I did as an impulse buy and have regretted it, at chrissy I treated my self to the 12",15" & 19" evo's,so much better

Latest posts