⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today's effort, before the rain, produced 3 more "eggs" for Bridgey to open. Wasn't much but the excitement of watching her do it ts PRICELESS.
1523690040_imag0156.jpg

That's great advice mate.
Many years ago I think it was a lot easier getting info from Gov.Dept. and the like as there wasn't the interest in fossicking ( in my opinion) as there is today. You will still find good people out there that are willing to part with their info and there is not a better bunch of people than on this forum.
Best Wishes
Mackka ;)

Found a promising spot today, mostly ironstone specimens.
This is just a few from this morning....

2WzC9wG.jpg

I thought I'd got a photo of the lot from today before whacking them and the acid treatment but apparently not. Will upload a pic as soon as I get them out of the acid either tomorrow or the next day. All up a bit under 18grams for the day, plus probably a gram or three in fines from the dolly pot.

Some of the fines after crushing...

cSFCFgH.jpg

Sorry for the crappy photos, couldnt find my camera so took them with a potato.

On another note, we graded this track a bit over 3 months ago so I get a tad annoyed when I come across open holes on the track. There was about 8 all up and only done in the last week prior to the rain a few days ago....bastards!!

zy10WPt.jpg

Great finds MT :Y: that's one way to get excited about tomorrow :Y:. Pity some people are so self interested and don't have any morals one day they get their right wack.

Thanks mate, but not going back there tomorrow, just checking a few areas for a tour group coming over.

Found a rock today, not sure what's in it yet.

Absolutely nothing visible but from the weight, the depth and the screaming signal now that it's out I'd say it's got a bit in it. :D
Presently in acid to see if that shows anything, if not straight into the dolly pot (where it will end up anyway)

yUN6WAr.jpg

Big mistake not making a wide enough hole to begin with as I knew it was a deeper bit.

FOluYuM.jpg

9zj7qsq.jpg

Hi Oz, it's the biggest pick made by Dave Dench - forum member Davsgold. I think a few shops stock them now, Central West does. Best pick I've ever owned.

Usually I start my holes bigger from the get go which saves having to widen them later on. This was in a compacted wash area and the sediment that was holding it all together was like cement until you got it out then it crumbled.
In the end I was laying on my guts with my arm at full length stabbing away with a screw driver then scooping out the rocks and dirt with a plastic bottle fashioned into a scoop.

Jesus Madtuna, i thought werewolves only came out at night. If your hand is that hairy you must be related to cousin IT!