Revealing test of Nokta Impact outperforms CTX, Deus and AT Gold/Pro.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mbasko said:
decanfrost said:
OldGT said:
I think the impact will struggle to match up to the might and power of the Equinox.....It's going to really turn some heads out in the Goldfields, it's going to be the best vlf ever released for nugget finding, Impact Shmpact.

I wouldnt say that.
Mine squeaks n squarks continually on hot rocks to the point you cant use it in gold mode(Reference only)looking for surface nuggets.In the WA Goldfields.

Possibly the other modes ,may have a edge on the other single frequency VLF s but i dont see the trusted performance build quality of the Deus or the Nokta going anywhere soon.People who have then and know how to run them will use them far better than most squirting accusations and in experience about.

My biggest disappointment with my EQ 800 is the cover up now from reputable sites having been influenced by the PTY to not allow truthfull potentially negative comment.
You need to read very carefully the comments of the salesman s ,the manuals ect to come to the conclusion that things have been redirected ,but "Mentioned"!
EQ 800
Gold Mode is it s weakest link

Would love to see hear more on the impact s GB ability and use in Minerized ground.

Don't think you'll fair any better in hot rock country with the Impact either? And this is from a lower frequency VLF. In the right locations they would probably both be ok but expecting VLF's to ignore hot rocks/highly mineralised ground is a bit much IMO. Even running the mighty GPZ too hot for the area will have you digging hot rocks (& deep ones too) + every PI I've ever owned/used, while handling this type of ground way better, has still had me dig up a hot rock or three.

oldtimerROB said:
I will hit a hot stone at Dunolly usually within a minute of starting up. You will finds hundreds in a day. I pity those PI users having to dig up everything. My Impact is very good at discriminating them out with a low tone in all metal mode. I have proved this by initially digging them all up over a 3 month period and I can safely say it is 100% accurate and no gold was left behind. However due to the few iron and nails found the statistical accuracy of gold versus iron is not as high as with hot stones,but I have enough faith in the Impact now to give up digging everything and wholly rely what it is telling me,not to mention saving my back.
Early reports suggest that you can discriminate out hot rocks with the Equinox too as they lock in at -7 or -8 on the ferrous scale. Still waiting to hear some more reports from general users though. In milder ground with a chance of gold, coins or relics it should be ok?

The Major problem is when you ground balance out the hot rocks the machine is no longer ground balanced to the Ground so the detector will become noisy and unstable, where as older type VLF's from about 20 years ago had the GB system linked to their DISC you could ground balance to the ground and adjust the disc and the hot rocks would all but vanish, But on modern machines they are now two separate circuits so the Disc only has limit effect, Any VLF with a good tracking system can and will ground balance out hot rocks but by doing that renders the machine useless because it is no longer ground balanced.

hope that helps.

J.

Decanfrost.You cant write anything positive about the Impact without being attacked by a couple of weirdos on this forum who have nothing better to do than waste peoples time who want to have a constructive discussion.I regret having registered on this forum 12 months ago as I have posted a lot of field reports about the Impact and have not got nothing back in return except the silent treatment.They have Buckley,s chance however and if we ignore them the blowies will just go away and we can have a serious discussion. As soon as I post anything positive about the Impact I get the silent treatment like my recent " Hot rocks and tin foil" on metal detecting for gold. The only information about it is from me on how it performs in very highly mineralised ground.No one has ever posted a comment about it anywhere in the world. Herchenbach said he used it in hot ground before me but did not release any comments until after I did and only because I did and I told him he can have second place.My last trip was to Wedderburn in October and the 90% on the built in meter was the worst so far and did not affect the Impact except for DEEP mode which was sluggish and I had to revert to DI3 mode.
J,s comment does not apply to the Impact,as the Nokta manual says to only use tracking mode in the all metal modes. GEN mode is very good at picking up hot rocks with a quacking tone when the disc. is set from 00 to 01 or 02.I have proved over 4 months it is faultless in picking them up. This season I plan to use only DEEP and DI3 and discard GEN as it is best suited to small shallow nuggets 0.1 to 1 gram size.DEEP gives a crackling tone on hot rocks but a high tone on iron and the tone break has to be reset to mask iron. Tin foil in some spots in the GT is a worse problem than hot rocks but by setting the notch filter correctly in DI3 the tin/alum foil can be masked easily with the Impact.

Good to see you like your Nokta Impact, ignore the ones that try to derail the thread and keep posting. :Y:

I do not have an Impact so can't participate with anything regarding that detector, instead I chose one of the later waterproof detectors from the same company as it is more suitable for my beach/water hunting outings.

I suppose the terms "test" and "out performs" are only subjective, and your going to be challenged over it. Just talk about your experiences with it, because opinions and tests, are dubious in nature.

I started doing chemistry lab and applied thermodynamics tests in the late 1950,s at Brunswick Technical School,so doing field tests with the Impact is no challenge to me and you can be certain they are very accurate.

oldtimerROB said:
Decanfrost.You cant write anything positive about the Impact without being attacked by a couple of weirdos on this forum who have nothing better to do than waste peoples time who want to have a constructive discussion.I regret having registered on this forum 12 months ago as I have posted a lot of field reports about the Impact and have not got nothing back in return except the silent treatment.They have Buckley,s chance however and if we ignore them the blowies will just go away and we can have a serious discussion. As soon as I post anything positive about the Impact I get the silent treatment like my recent " Hot rocks and tin foil" on metal detecting for gold. The only information about it is from me on how it performs in very highly mineralised ground.No one has ever posted a comment about it anywhere in the world. Herchenbach said he used it in hot ground before me but did not release any comments until after I did and only because I did and I told him he can have second place.My last trip was to Wedderburn in October and the 90% on the built in meter was the worst so far and did not affect the Impact except for DEEP mode which was sluggish and I had to revert to DI3 mode.
J,s comment does not apply to the Impact,as the Nokta manual says to only use tracking mode in the all metal modes. GEN mode is very good at picking up hot rocks with a quacking tone when the disc. is set from 00 to 01 or 02.I have proved over 4 months it is faultless in picking them up. This season I plan to use only DEEP and DI3 and discard GEN as it is best suited to small shallow nuggets 0.1 to 1 gram size.DEEP gives a crackling tone on hot rocks but a high tone on iron and the tone break has to be reset to mask iron. Tin foil in some spots in the GT is a worse problem than hot rocks but by setting the notch filter correctly in DI3 the tin/alum foil can be masked easily with the Impact.

Actually Rob I would only use the Tracking regardless of the mode I am using "IF" the ground was changing rapidly and about 98% of the time I would keep the tracking locked because Tiny targets can be tracked out with modern aggressive tracking systems, Some machines allow you a couple of sweeps of the coil before the target response fades, Others jump too and fro to soon which can cost you finds if they are tiny nuggets that barely signal even under good conditions.

Some VLF's have adjustable Tracking speeds, Some have pre set speed options, Both systems work it is just a matter of picking the right one for the conditions. But 99.9% of VLF prospectors will tell you to lock the Tracking for the above reasons.

J.

RR. I was using the tracking on the D modes and it worked OK but then I read the manual and " for use in all metal modes only" I dont know what you mean by 'locked"-lock it in or lock it out. So for that 98% of the time where the ground is not highly variable you say I dont have to use the tracking mode in the D modes?

oldtimerROB said:
RR. I was using the tracking on the D modes and it worked OK but then I read the manual and " for use in all metal modes only" I dont know what you mean by 'locked"-lock it in or lock it out. So for that 98% of the time where the ground is not highly variable you say I dont have to use the tracking mode in the D modes?

Ok, Well can you ground balance it to your present location and will the setting stay where it is set at if so that is the same as locking it, It is the same as using Manual Ground Balance.

Latest posts