1993 Bushman camper trailer refit

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tathradj said:
Mate,
I have 4 radius bends that I have saved for you.
They are from a boat Bimmi top. LOL
What is the outer diameter of the pipe on the strait bit.
Outside outside = 25
1523314198_f24b56aa-c52b-4e33-a11e-ea2de838a026.jpg

I only need one piece the other pole is broken but the bend is salavagabke.
The vital bend is for the extension pole to push the canopy out and fix in place when we set up .. that has to go in side the pole and needs to be long enough to extend about 1 mt and have enough length left inside the tube to be clamped and stable..

Goldchaser1 said:
lookin great nucopia,love the progress,headin west this year?
I wish Chaser
I have to stay close to home for a while , my mum is 86 in July and she is getting a bit unsure on her feet and needs some one in the house when she is home. She doesnt feel confident on her own around the house after a couple of recent falls.
So we can only plan on doing short weekend trips away once the camper is finished.
If we do go to W.A for an extended trip, I would need to get my sister or a cousin to come and stay with her while we are away..
Not much choice but to adjust our selves to her needs from now on..

All good , she took good care of me for many years, now its my turn to do the same for her..

Should have the camp kitchen finished tomorrow.. just needs a few coats of lacquer , then put it back together and its good to go.
when its done I'll post some pics .. ;)

Finally repaired the broken canopy stay and put it all back together over the weekend.
Set the camper up in the front yard Saturday, so I can access the inside with out to much effort.
Bloody heavy rain and strong winds the last two days has got everything on hold.

I still have a long list of jobs that I need to sort out before we can take it out bush for a test run

I need to sort out 2 battery trays and clamps to secure the deep cycle batteries in the camper trailer tool box.
Repair the water tank or replace it, then connect and secure the hoses , drill holes in the camper some where to fit a water intake point and an some where else for the overflow hose.
Lay out and connect all the wiring ,lights cig sockets/USB,water pump,LED lights and switches (adventure Kings kit)
Mount a fuse block , negative grounding block , master cut off switch, Solar charger controller ,digital battery/ system monitor
Mount an Anderson plug on the outside of the tool box to connect the solar panels.
Rewire and mount new trailer break/indicator lights ,change the gas struts for the bed frame, weld on the gas bottle holder.
Install teflon to the bottom of the slide out kitchen unit and install some aluminium angle for the kitchen to slid on and then some thing to secure and lock it in place when we travel..
I will probably start doing things and find I have still other things that need attention.. 8) seems like its a never ending project. :eek:
:(
Only thing I was able get accomplished today with the weather was to pick up the Negative Bus block from JayCar @ $19.95 :)
1529317543_bus_bar.jpg

Thanks Shaker
I have to give my next door neighbor most of the credit for how well the kitchen turned out.
He and his wife have packed up their caravan and gone north for the winter .. so i have lost my project consultant.
Another rainy day here so every thing is on hold .. thankfully I have the forum to keep me out of the rain and occupied.

After almost a week with the camper set up in the front yard and no work done because of the weather , the rain has cleared and the sun is shining.
Battery, Solar controller, inverter , curciut breaker ,fuse box and negative bus bar are mounted and ready for wiring.

1529635929_7c3558b5-eae7-4ddb-8eb7-27b917e3e2e3.jpg

Like me, im keeping it simple as I am a total noob with electrical. 8)

Sounds like me with my caravan restoration project except I haven't done any work on it for months. Life is getting in the way.
There are a few blokes here that can help you out with is any wiring problems I am sure.

Wishfull said:
Sounds like me with my caravan restoration project except I haven't done any work on it for months. Life is getting in the way.
There are a few blokes here that can help you out with is any wiring problems I am sure.

Yeah Wishful life does have a habit of getting in the way some times..
One of the newbies on the forum who lives a stones throw form me has been helping me with tips and a simple schematic to follow. Its what I luv about the forum, so many members are always happy to give advice, lend a hand or send some bibs and bobs to help when they can..
I recon if the weather stays fine for while , I might tick 10% off my to do list Over the next week.
:(
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Taking my time with this because I dont want to make any mistakes...
1529647409_4cd948c9-98dd-46a0-9ac3-c631c42e40a4.jpg

Now I need to think about one of tomorrows tasks, how and where to mount the Anderson plug on the out side of the tool box to conect the solar panels.
I am thinking a good spot would be down on the draw bar some where behind the tool box and between the camper.. I want it in a place thats easy to access but also in a way that it wont become fouled up with mud and dirt when we go off road ...
Maybe I need to get an Anderson plug that has a spring loaded cover on it...
1529647788_91fdedfc-cca3-4341-9a36-a02e53d729c5.jpg