Home made rock crusher

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muk

Reaction score
Gday all have been inspired by some other posts on rock crushers so I have made one its powered by my old 9inch grinder makes short work of rocks hope the photos work cheers Muk
1523521373_4ca4a090-c19b-479c-859b-3663992a60d0.jpg

1523521373_93c52295-49aa-479f-b590-957a4ef06640.jpg

Thanks for the comments all Im playing around with different chains inside have a few to try out but the simple 2links on each side of the shaft work well my next thing will to time how long it takes to crush a 10litre bucket of rocks wishful the bbq in the background I made out of a 60 litre drum its a hybrid shed heater/cookerill put some more photos in soon cheers Muk .
1523603770_dd0b8560-5801-4639-a83e-3f34a0acfff1.jpg

1523603771_38174a93-157f-44e2-b18d-6b833fd89a42.jpg

Thanks kemjack57 have made a few different types my next will be a reverse offset smoker I usually sell them or give them to family or frends cheers Muk

Gday all went out this arvo with my son whos over on holidays from Newman WA for a quick swing between the rain showers.we went to a spot I have been thinking about for awhile we didnt do to bad picked up 3little bits and then stumbled on to some signals comming from large rocks both the 7000 and sdc were picking up good signals we chipped away at the rocks and picked up a couple of more little bits and lost one due to bits flying everywhere from using a pick we decided to leave it and go back with hammer and chisel crow bar to chip at rocks and then put them through the crusher the bits of rock we got had several small bits in them anyway will keep you posted when we crush cheers Muk.
1523783249_f3f8ff4d-3ebc-46a9-9efd-55b4360c83a1.jpg

Interesting looking stuff muc , but the flash has washed out the pics somewhat and I cant tell what type of rock it is. any clues

Crusher looks good Muk and the finds sound exciting hopefully they improve and sharing with your son :cool: :Y: is gold in itself.

Thanks for the comments I first thought the rock was granite there is heaps of it around but since chipping at it I think it is across between sandstone/mudstone granite and quartz all mixed in to one it has purple tinge in some places.we got a couple of little nuggets in the hollows of the rocks my young bloke was moving off when he got a faint signal on a bare rock with his 7000 then I checked with the sdc and had the signal as well very squiggly signal sounded like a bit of wire but it was in solid rock so we chipped at it with a pick very hard and bits flying off when the signal was gone I went over all the chips and we found the bit with gold in it.we then scraped up all the chips and put them in a bag so we can put them through the crusher we got more signals from the rocks and repeated the process.we found some more chips with tiny gold in them we lost one due to it being hard to chip at it without it flying everywhere we will be going back with hammer/chisel and crowbar we stumbled on to this didnt even think of detecting the bare rock all in we got 5signals in the rock I got some more but we left them due to loosing a bit and it getting dark we will be back there soon better prepared cant wait to see if the chips we picked have anything in them cheers muk

The nuggets in the pic look water worn so im guessing that the rock is some sort of sandstone or quartzite cemented together by Iron rich fluids. I found a nugget in rock like that once at rushworth.

The rocks and area look to have been surfaced Im sure ther will be more little bits in the hollows in the rock the bits from the rock were hard to chip out sandstone probably I have put the chips threw the crusher and the young bloke had a bit of a pan decently could see some small bits in the pan will take a photo in the sunlight as was to dark tonight.i decided to add another outlet on the crusher and I think I will add another chain link so there will be 3 links on each side of the shaft 2works ok but I think 3 will be better thanks for the comments cheers Muk.
1523874865_9e86dd81-ecec-4a58-ba97-f44000b69f09.jpg

Went out today to the spot were the gold is in the rock but couldnt get in there due to planned burn off in the area so we went to a spot in the whipstick close to home and picked up 8little bits for just over a gram wasnt to bad but keen to get back into other spot might even be better after the burn off cheers Muk
1525168879_314861f6-2f36-4659-a1fc-4f13e8e2d812.jpg