victorian state mining by laws anyone interested ??

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all I've got 2 short by law books on laws on different claims etc. for Victoria the act/laws should be still current as its the 1958 mining act I will upload photos here for anyone interested also states what you can and can't do the laws are in writing so they should be still current and apply. as there's a lot of confused people of what your aloud to do on a miners right here's the laws on the whole lot. now this may open a whole lot of can of worms hopefully its not too bad I have more info pm me if you would like certain info I may post it on here on request.

1522732000_mining_001.jpg
1522732169_mining_002.jpg

1522732181_mining_003.jpg

1522732200_mining_004.jpg

1522732223_mining_005.jpg

Heres a Link to the current act which was amended again in 2010www.legislation.vic.gov.au/Domino/Web.../13-126sra001%20authorised.pdf What you have is an old book showing how easy it was to set up a mining enterprise compared to today. The mines inspectors dept have gone from trying to help anyone set up and mine to trying to discourage small operators through overregulation and red tape. I was discussing just this with a chap that had a share in the last mining operation worked at Sandy creek back in the late 80s. The mines inspector even came and showed them the most eceonomic way to drill and blast a face in that particullar type of rock. :eek:

jethro said:
Heres a Link to the current act which was amended again in 2010www.legislation.vic.gov.au/Domino/Web.../13-126sra001%20authorised.pdf What you have is an old book showing how easy it was to set up a mining enterprise compared to today. The mines inspectors dept have gone from trying to help anyone set up and mine to trying to discourage small operators through overregulation and red tape. I was discussing just this with a chap that had a share in the last mining operation worked at Sandy creek back in the late 80s. The mines inspector even came and showed them the most eceonomic way to drill and blast a face in that particullar type of rock. :eek:

Don't know if anyone else is having trouble but I couldn't get the link up Jethro.

RM Outback said:
jethro said:

Don't know if anyone else is having trouble but I couldn't get the link up Jethro.

yeah me either

Hi HTY, RM & Rusty, Sorry about the link I will try and find the correct one and update the previous post. If you are interested in searching for it the Name Legislative Document is Minerals Sustainable Development Act Victoria, revised 2010,

Latest posts