Camp Set Up Tips & Tricks Plus Products That Work And Those That Don't

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HeadsUp said:
Bogger said:
Yes ....................... I won mine shipped for that but could win cheaper even ? If you don't wish to bid can buy all day long for around $120 posted with heaps of models to choose from. :Y:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/THERMOM...101570&hash=item56ac7e12b3:g:NcMAAOSw2CJauvP9

I didnt know they could be that cheap ? I guess they would be safe as long as you mount them outside the camper and prevent the risk of LPG or carbon monoxide building up in your sleeping quarters ?

There marketed as an outdoor use type unit, same as the joolca Hottap systems but at a quarter the price. There are probably about ten or more different brands out there, but if you look they are all basically the same unit. Just pick one that complies to Australian standards which being a gas appliance they must pass. Been using one for four years and hasn't faltered as yet.

Some good ideas coming thru :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y:

Have now now got our caravan shower up and running faultlessly.
Fitted a length of capped 150mm pvc up under the van, an extra 12V pressure pump and plumbed it into the original shower piping.
Fitted isolation valves to prevent any shower water contaminating the drinking water.
Now the best part;
We heat 10 litres of water in a metal bucket over the camp fire.
Tip the bucket into the shower recess, switch on the pump and you can stand under the shower with the water recirculating until the water goes cold.
Two welcome showers every night with just 10 litres of water. We carry enough shower water to last us free camping for a fortnight.

**** Rule number 1 to 10, no peeing in the shower.***** ;)

NJ top tip and again an efficient set up that not only works but cost involved minimal :Y: ..................... and if rule numbers 1 to 10 not complied with would simply turn it into a golden shower :8

Here's the pics, I use a Milwaukee M12 system in the CT, drill, impact driver, RECIPRO saw and the latest edition a vacuum cleaner for the CT and car.
Guy rope shows bent plate for screw to go thru. 450mm bit extension (Irwin) and 450mm X 6mm masonry drill (Irwin/ Joran).
1522728793_image.jpg

1522728838_image.jpg

1522728678_image.jpg

Cheers

Nightjar,

I have only 1 x 60lt tank in the van, shower etc. (I do carry 3 x 20lt jerries as - a. reserve and b. to cart water back to the camp.)

My process is turn the tap on to about half way (just enough to spray the water). Quickly wet down and wet a scrunchy, then turn it off.

Shower Gel, Scrunchy and wash top to toe, no water running.

Then turn tap back on same pressure as before, quickly rinse off. (The shower head is on flexible hose, so I hold when doing the legs etc.)

I've placed a bucket under the drain and worked out that I use between 3 and 5 lt per shower. I had plenty of practice out bush in the military having a shower with bugger all water, lol.

Still, in this case at least it's hot water.

My hot water system is only a 10lt and both me and SWMBO can shower with that.

condor22 said:
Nightjar,

Still, in this case at least it's hot water.

My hot water system is only a 10lt and both me and SWMBO can shower with that.

We save gas ($90+ for a refill out and beyond) by not using the HWS, by heating the 10L over the fire. We can have the shower running non stop, SWMBO jumps in first and if she overstays her visit and the water goes cold I just catch a bit of the water, reheat it, tip it back in and have my shower.
We have named it our "American Express" Wouldn't leave home with out it. :)

1523769252_bb44d28d-cc75-4529-aab1-d2006ad3e0ef.jpg
Had a few ebay work lights sitting in the shed so put this togethor last year for campfire cooking,cuppla bits of telescoping smaller rhs,plate on bottom pegs can go through and holes up top and bottom,nuts welded on the back,weld light bracket to rhs,lock it extended or togethor for travelling,works a treat,can actually see what your cooking,that still out last few nights we didnt even peg it,made a 4-5 mtr lead with clamps to car or usually our quad,rashes and potatoe bake went down well.....
1523769018_b35a79f4-305b-401f-9bae-2dc9cb91620d.jpg
1523769060_e9bbe41e-b3d7-4457-a747-415e2179557e.jpg

Goldchaser1 said:
Jaros said:
I have a similar setup with the camper trailer kitchen-works well. :Y:

yeah no more headlamps while cooking jaros..... :)

Use a similar set up but use a telescopic painters pole, easy to adjust height and light weight ................ can be used for painting when not camping :eek: , plus you may already have one collecting dust in the shed ;) Came about as found that cooking at night was a pain with light over stove .............. up high as a floodlight the bugs stay up at the light and not in the fry pan with my steaks :(

1524088517_pole_floodlight.jpg

Latest posts