The 9 inch White Coil

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After starting the whole hunting thing with with another brand that was just to heavy for my busted right shoulder, bought my Deus last year,September?, from Clegy. Got the full kit, WS4, controller, 11' for main hunting and the 9' white round for the goldfields. Due to circumstances way out of my control, have only got out there once. So the white coil sitting there blinking at me has been annoying. Start thinking might as well sell it, not doing the battery any good doing nothing as well. So, this afternoon figured i would give it a run to see if I could justify keeping it. The parks and beaches cop a real hammering here Hervey Bay. Went to one of the more popular parks that I'd been over several times with the 11 inch. I spent over 2 hours in a space about 10m x 10m and came home with $20 in spendables and a 1958 shilling. I thought the 11' was good at separating the junk from good but the 9' blew me away. I know what I'm doing tomorrow now :cool:

I have the 9inch on most of the time and only break out the 11 inch when im flat sanding or sometimes on a large grass area. But I love that little 9 inch coil and the white one is a coin killer on the lower frequencies.

Happy Hunting down there mate should be a few more treasures after this weather hopefully.

Clegy

Just got back from there. Did another smallish section. Found 10 cents and a 9ct mens ring. One thing I have noticed though is there must be someone new to the hobby in town. I take pride in that after digging a target most times you couldn't tell where I have been but in the last month or so there is a growing number of holes in the parks. The dirt is either being removed or just not being filled in. Who ever it is is going to cause a problem for the rest of us. Wont take much for council to ban detecting :(

Congrats on the ring Feral :Y:
Those weak pricks are everywhere :mad:
A real concern for all of us.
All you can do is cover up their mess as best possible and make sure you continue your own best practices
..... until you finally catch one of them ]:D

Your slaying it with your finds, well done.
Ive been staying away from public areas as I cant dig a plug and still try and make it hard to tell Ive been there.
Matt T

That's what your backyard is for :D . Digging tool makes a big difference to. Started with a Bunnings one but they where to flimsy. Ended up making my own out of some scrap 1.5mm stainless ( tis a real bitch to stick weld for me it was anyway, was my first welding job).

The 9" hf coil is my go to coil as well these day, quite a versatile coil with the given frequencies (and sub frequencies), and deep for the size. Drop the reactivity in 14kHz and you will surprised on how deep it will actually go, especially on the sandy soils I get down here. The other good thing about this coil is its physical size and the lack of cabling on the Deus, makes it ideal for detecting in thick undergrowth, or under bushes for those coins that others tend to overlook.

I have the pair of 9" black & white. Like GP the white is my go too coil although the thought of selling the black one has crossed my mind in order to get a larger one 13 X 9 perhaps. Cheers.

The battery also has larger capacity and is user removable (mounted in the lower shaft), hence the weight is more evenly distributed between the shaft and coil - very easy to swing all day.

I use the elliptical on iron infested roman sites and it will find the fragments and smallest of coins. Has anyone tried it on old workings in the goldfields? I am planning a detecting trip and wondered if it was worth bringing Deus or hiring (and Learning) the usual PI kit.

It's always worth chucking in. It don't take up much room and it's better to have it and not use it than to not have it and need to use it :perfect: