Need help please identifying translucent stone!?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'd appreciate anyone's expert eye to tell me if I have possibly found two small diamonds! I've always looked for gemstones in my adventures. After heavy rains a drain incline had washed pebbles of quart and river stone/rocks & dirt down into the drain area the most of which was introduced from a near by river to what I was told, I looked amongst it to find these two pieces of nearly translucent type stone! Is it possible I found diamond? I'm in the Pambula area of NSW.

Thank you for your reply in advanced :) :Y:
1522357858_img_20180330_071751.jpg

Dron said:
Scratch test should work .

I have heard of this test but I'm unsure how to perform it rightfully without wrecking something and getting into trouble!! :lol:

What should I first scratch it against? & what is the result to look for?
Thanks for your reply ?

Smaller one could possible be topaz (bit hard to tel from the photo).

At topaz crystal that's still in identifiable crystal from will have four sides, unlike quarts crystal which has six. Topaz crystals typically have a cross-section that is a sort of compressed diamond shape. It's also much harder than quartz and you shouldn't be able to easily scratch it with a piece of quartz.

Latest posts