Detector feedback - Nokta Gold Plus FORS and Minelab sdc 2300.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I,m looking at buying a new detector and like the look of the Nokta Gold Plus FORS and also the Minelab sdc 2300. I know one is a VLF and the other PI detector but would be grateful for any feedback. I do some coin and relic hunting as well as gold detecting. In about three or so months l am going to do some detecting in the golden triangle for a month or so. Thoughts about which way to go !!
Cheers Xterra Gold

For coin and relic - Fors Gold Plus

For gold, especially in the triangle - SDC2300

If you are only going on the gold for a month, you could always buy a used 2300, use it for a month and then sell it for the same price.

The Fors Gold Plus can also pick up gold, but you'd be best off with the 5" coil, and hit some milder ground like white pipeclay heaps.
The Fors units are very aggressive, so lower sensitivity levels is often the go.

Just as a bit of a after thought, how would the Nokta Gold Plus with its standard coil go in the area.
Thanks again Xterra Gold

Xterra Gold said:
Just as a bit of a after thought, how would the Nokta Gold Plus with its standard coil go in the area.
Thanks again Xterra Gold

I suggest using the 5" coil on the Nokta FORS Gold Plus in areas of quartz rubble and pipe clay where specimens may be found.

Another detector you could look at is the White's GMT. Very capable in the golden triangle and that zip zip sound on a target is unmistakable.

White's GMT RRP is $1399 but I'm doing deals this weekend for our re-opening.

Latest posts