Australia Post

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First and last time I'll ever send a detector I sold through Aussie Post. Excessive heat caused screen damage. From now on pick up only.

I recently... ...read.... 15 days ago sent a parcel to a PA member in Victoria, I am in S.A. and he still has not received it. You could have riden a pushbike there faster. I take back about what I said about giving Aust Post a break. Just wondering if I should have paid extra for tracking, no one shouldn have to even have worry about stuff like this !

Wishfull said:
I recently... ...read.... 15 days ago sent a parcel to a PA member in Victoria, I am in S.A. and he still has not received it. You could have riden a pushbike there faster. I take back about what I said about giving Aust Post a break. Just wondering if I should have paid extra for tracking, no one shouldn have to even have worry about stuff like this !

Hi Wishfull all parcels have a tracking Number its on the receipt has a letter and about 15 numbers I use the all the time to track detector handles we post ,just go to aust post tracking and type the number in tells you where it is and if its been delivered .PP

When they lose your parcel it's apparently all your fault because you didn't take out insurance. I shouldn't have to take out insurance, I just need them turkeys to do their job correctly.

We use express post, sign to pickup. That way the customer can't say they never received it. The other thing is that somebody at the post office has to scan it in otherwise it's not in the system. Sandra posted two on Monday, passed them over the counter as usual so that she could watch them scan them in. She didn't stand there long enough. The first one got in the second missed out. Today I had the guy at the other end looking for his parcel that he thinks I haven't sent yet. After calling the PO she manually entered the tracking so now it shows up but my customer probably thinks I just dropped it in :mad:

I haven't yet had Australia Post lose anything I have posted (always sent registered post with tracking) but it sometimes seems hard to figure out how it can take as long as it sometimes does (express post does not appear available in many areas).

I recently posted an item to an area north of where I live - tracking shows that they first couriered it 600km south to Brisbane (Underwood distribution centre) and have processed it there. No mention as to whether it has yet turned around and started heading in the right direction, by the time it gets back past here to where it originally went over the counter an extra 1200km will have been added to it's journey - then it still has the rest of the way to go :| . Obviously their policy says that I'm in the network area where anything going any further than locally must go to down to Brisbane first - even if it's destination is the opposite direction.

I don't like seeing people wait so long to receive their goods, it might be time to look into quicker options wherever possible.

Lapidary supplies from Aussie Sapphire and Gemcuts usually seem to reach me in around 3-4 working days, from Northern NSW to Central QLD, I think they use Star Track.

I don't usually like to focus on the bad memories... but,

I've had two different silver coins dissapear into thin air when I've posted them :( .... there's some light fingered thieves out there on the job and Aussie post should be sending traceable duds in order to lure them out into the open so they can sack em on the spot. :party: :party: :mad:

If ever you want to sent something a bit bigger or heavier take a look at Termando. We are a Toll delivery agent but we get more options, better prices and service using http://temando.com.au/

You have to sign up for an account and then when you enter your job you get a list of options. They've never let us down.

I had a good laugh today. What with all the complaints about OzPost here, I saw this little advert at the top ...

1521865920_screen_shot_2018-03-24_at_11.48.05_am.jpg

Lefty said:
Lapidary supplies from Aussie Sapphire and Gemcuts usually seem to reach me in around 3-4 working days, from Northern NSW to Central QLD, I think they use Star Track.

Star track is Aus Post.

Ever since Deutche Post bought out DHL and then Japan Post bought Toll Holdings, Aus Post figured they had to own a parcel company as well.

If I sell an item and send it by australia post, with tracking on it,and contact the buyer with the tracking number, where does my responsibility end, and the buyers responsibility begin if it was to get lost in transit, or does it all fall back on me if they don't receive the item?

wiley coyote said:
If I sell an item and send it by australia post, with tracking on it,and contact the buyer with the tracking number, where does my responsibility end, and the buyers responsibility begin if it was to get lost in transit, or does it all fall back on me if they don't receive the item?

Falls back on you, especially if its ebay. But if you have proof you should be good. Keep all receipts and take photos.

Yep Post in context means after so with a receipt you've transferred responsibility to Australia Post keep all receipts and don't take any shit (spin) they try to dish up if there's a challenge.

Pirate pete said:
Wishfull said:

Hi Wishfull all parcels have a tracking Number its on the receipt has a letter and about 15 numbers I use the all the time to track detector handles we post ,just go to aust post tracking and type the number in tells you where it is and if its been delivered .PP

That parcel I sent is still out there somewhere. So I sent another one on the 6.4.18 this time with tracking and guess what ? Even that one hasn't arrived at its destination yet. Go figure !

Well, Here is something very unusual.... Ordered New Brake Rotors on the 7/4/18 on Flea-bay

Received Brake Rotors today 12/4/18... They came all the way from WA and arrived at my front door on the Goldie.... 5 days from WA.... I love Star Track... :lol:

LW....

wiley coyote said:

The contract is between Australia Post and the sender, the recipient has no say in this whatsoever.

If you send anything that is valued over $50.00 with Aus Post then take out insurance, because $50.00 plus the postage fee is all that Aus Post will pay on an uninsured item if it is lost.

LoneWolf said:
Well, Here is something very unusual.... Ordered New Brake Rotors on the 7/4/18 on Flea-bay

Received Brake Rotors today 12/4/18... They came all the way from WA and arrived at my front door on the Goldie.... 5 days from WA.... I love Star Track... :lol:

LW....

As mentioned previously LW, Star Track is Aus Post, so essentially you are saying you love Aus Post. Have another beer till the symptoms diminish.

Latest posts