Did someone say Gold!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Like most people posting in the introduce yourself forum I'm a newbie.
I have dabbled in gold panning and gem stone prospecting at various stages in my life and now want to try and spend some time chasing bright shinny things.
I think it must be in the blood coming from 1850's mining stock.
I've got a 9 year old son who is also keen to dig some holes.
I'm in Seaford Victoria and I am keen to tag along with anyone heading bush to do some panning.
ATM my gear is limited to hand tools and pans. Hoping to get out and test a few areas before investing in a sluice etc.
At some stage in the coming years, I'll probably invest in a detector to open up some more options but ATM just want to get out and explore different areas.
I love Geovic, and I'm constantly looking for places to try....seems a pity that so much of the areas closest to me are no go areas.
Always happy to take onboard any tips, advice, starting points, GPS locations and or W ives(I expect that I'd have more chance with your wife than getting a GPS mark...LOL).
I look forward to reading your adventures and sharing mine.
Mat

1521517843_10.jpg

Second trip...went searching for somewhere on Watson's Creek. Where I wanted to go was in the National park....wish google maps had this national park area mapped a bit better.

Third time unlucky. Tried along Andersons creek. Tried to read the creek and the likely spots...tried the back end of bed rock...till hitting rock below. Should have known it had been done to desth when broken glass started to come up.... not a speck.

Latest posts