Project: Camper Trailer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good mate
Like the brackets they work well by the look of them
I think you need to do some house keeping to the inside mate ]:D ]:D ]:D
Remember age is just a number ok so you have a lot of numbers up :lol: :lol: :lol:

...What I don't want is for my number to come up anytime soon! :p At least not till Ifill me jar up with nuggets ,melt into an ingot and cash it in and have the wildest party of mylife!.... ]:D ]:D :cool:

Ok so here's the latest on the repairs to the Demon. :p Saturday was no go for me with the pain in my knee too severe to do much but hang around the house and winge! :D That's after I had did the edges and mowed the lawn..again! :rolleyes:
Just put too much stress on the knee and boy!..did it sting. :mad: 8.( 8.( Sunday was just too hot to do more then sit in front of the fan and winge about the heat :p 37.5 degrees at my place but with no breeze it seemed more like 47.5 8) :eek: 8) 8)
So today,...suitably medicated against the pain I pushed on and started with a couple of brackets to the the rear left corner of the trailer.It's the side that copped the whole lot of the impact of the tree and despite Ken's best efforts to rectify the welds and add a piece of gal-box section, there is still movement which over time will weaken the upright in the corner of the trailer
1521450492_001.jpg
. Below shows the braces in place.
Next on the list was fitting rubber seals to the sides of the trailer to weather-proof the back.
1521450605_002.jpg

1521450627_003.jpg

Next up was to complete the frame around the rear Mural and apply another layer of varnish to it and the Mural...one more lot of sanding and then a final coat.I'm really pleased with it and that's just gonna have to be it.
1521450966_005.jpg

Tomorrow will be to attach a new door to the water closet and wack on a latch.Below shows the remnants of what's left of the old door and the sorry state of all the warped timber...but hey!...I'm not going to even try too much to straighten all that..everything still opens and shuts so that will have to do. :rolleyes: ]:D
1521451275_004.jpg

So tomorrow is the above repair as well as some filling of the gouge out of the cabin roof and apply a rubber seal to cover the gap between the bottom of the door and the top of the trailer ;) Then comes a lick of paint to the sides and that's it!.So hopefully my next post in a day or so will see the finished job! :Y: :Y: :cool:

yes you did....but that's what you get for being a smarty farty! :lol: :mad: :mad: ...Cupacinno...two sugars ]:D ]:D

Ok..this will be the second last post on the saga of the camper-trailer.
Today, despite a lot of trouble with my knee I pushed on and completed the new door,paint and repair of rear side end and installed a new water closet..this time using nineply and a sturdy lock to ensure that the water container stays in the cupboard where it lives! :p
It was a nightmare to install the closet as the poor old van is way out of square and there is hardly any rhyme or reason to the two sise to which it is joined...but below is a couple of shots ..one with and one without the bolt lock affixed
1521714266_003.jpg
1521714321_007.jpg

A shot of the rear of trailer all painted and in good order!..sorta ]:D and finally the back door completed..it's been a hell of a rebuild. :p :cool:
1521714512_011.jpg

Without Ken's assistance in getting things all connected in the right places this day might very well have not come so thank's mate. :Y: :Y: ]:D

My apologys for the pics :eek: They have not turned out in the right order and one has not even shown up! 8) :mad:
I'm over it!...At least you get the picture...so to speak.

My pleasure mate it was fun (twice :D :D ) lets not try for any more please :lol: :lol: :lol:
I told you it could be rebuilt and the amount of work you have put into it is proof it could be done :Y: :Y:
Yes i done the cutting, welding and panel beating but you have done all the hard fiddly bits and they are always the hardest to do
The water cabinet should be fine now with a full door ;) ;)
Just need to remember there is heaps of storage under the bed for the stuff not used all the time
Generator
Highbanker
Water pump
Extra shovels
Crowbar
Change of cloths
All that sort of gear
so now is the time to pack it and sit back and enjoy yourself :party: :party: :party: :party:

Oh yeah! :p 'Sit back and enjoy myself' I will surely do! :Y: :Y: :cool: Just the roof repair to sand back and a sand and paint to both sides...plus a little repair to the striping but that won't take long. Next after that it's up to the live-in seamstress to knock up a few curtains! :lol: :lol: Funny thing is she's as keen as mustard! :lol: :lol: ..Is she trying to get rid of me!!...hehe.Yeah...the kitchen and my highbanking gear are in there...got to cut a slot as you suggested! :cool: ...for the generator,but that won't take long. The whole internal has got to be vacuumed and washed down inside 8) bloody dust is everywhere :lol: :lol: I'm out of here on the 5th so I gotta git goin' so as I can repack..hopefully I'll be able to wack two new tyres on him as well. ]:D :cool:

Well mate the spare is brand new!....so if I swap that..it's only actually one I need...Iknow Greg down here at Jacks and he'll do me a deal on one new one...Ihope. ]:D but yeah if not I'll definitely be looking at a couple of used for sure! ]:D :cool: ..Anyhow mate this old dorg is sniffin' n' scratchin' around for somewhere to lay down ]:D Catch yer later alligator :lol: !

Nothing like being ready for the next trip

Note to self - avoid roads with trees in the middle ....

Hi Trash!...good to hear from you....Your 'dead' right :p who in their right mind would plant a gum tree in the middle of the road! :lol: ]:D hehe. Just too fast for that corner I'm afraid..note to self...take it easy in future! :cool:

Latest posts