NSW Bushfire advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Twapster said:
How do you carry a Highbanker, and a detector and wife on a bike? Im gonna have to build a special rack for mine!

Peter
Sidecar in progress! That'll be fun...
No high banker on bike , already there. Can carry a suprising amount of stuff on a bike , my usual rig is a GPX or etrac . A fishing rod or two( I have six piece rods that fold up to one foot in a hard case) sleeping mat , bag , and tent that all up weigh 3 kilo! Tackle bag , sometimes a pick , food and hopefully beer !sidecar is going to make some more improvement s on my luggage capacity...

Bells Line and Putty Rd both closed, big fire on the Putty Rd, fire crossed Bells Line, I was keen to get out too but not much chance.

Sit the wife on the handlebars. Can just imagine that long black hair blowing in the wind and down your throat. Nasty. Chuck er on the back and put the detector on the front lol :lol:

I think ill stick to the Maverick guys. It would be a fantastic bike ride but id always think I was forgetting something. In the Beast I can chuck in a spare set of everything, on a bike id feel like I was leaving something behind...maybe the wife...that may be a good thing! LOL

Peter

I have just spoken to Doug (TathraDJ) re the bushfire at Tathra. He and family are OK, but have been evacuated from their street.

Im sure all will join me in wishing him all the best, and a safe return to his property.

He will probably be out of contact for a while, but Ill pass on any news that comes my way.

Regards
DD

Let's hope they remain safe, beautiful countryside around Tathra, shame to see it destroyed by fire but sometimes the regeneration phase is spectacular.

Let's hope the people of south western Victoria are also staying safe as the fires rage across a large part of the countryside.

What a terrible fire for the town... They are saying on ABC news that dozens of houses plus other town infrastucture has been destroyed.

I really feel for anyone that has lost their home, no injuries have been reported though.

Glad to hear that Doug and family are ok.

Stay safe guys. Being a vollie I know what it is like. Thank goodness the fire season is know over in the area I live. Had a quite one this year

Just got off the phone again to Doug, himself and his family are ok, he is worried about his property/home but is in as good a spirit as you could expect, he said he will give us an update one way or another as soon as possible
Cheers
Jamie

Hi All,
Chanel 7 Sydney just flashed on the screen that 35 homes have been lost down that way.
Hope everyone is out of harms way and no one is hurt.
Stay safe.
Cheers
Mick

An emergency warning is in place for a bush fire burning in the area of Tarraganda and Tathra. The fire is out of control.

Current Situation

The fire started in the area of Tarraganda, to the south-east of Bega. The fire has crossed the Bega River and has impacted on properties in the Tathra area.

A number of homes have been damaged or destroyed by the fire. Building Impact Assessment Teams are on their way to the area to inspect properties and confirm damage.

A southerly change has affected the area. This has pushed the fire in a northerly direction.

Emergency Alert telephone warning messages have been sent to telephones in the area. Campers at a number of campgrounds to the north have been relocated where it is safe to do so.

Advice

A southerly change has moved through the area. This is pushing the fire in a northerly direction.

If you aresouth of the Bega River in the Tathra area, seek shelter as the fire impacts. It is too late to leave and fire may block roads. Protect yourself from the heat of the fire.

If you arenorth of the Bega River, and it is safe to leave, leave now towards the north in the direction of Bermagui.

An evacuation centre has been established at the Bega Showground. Animals are being accepted.

Not good to hear this :N: I wish all involved find safe refuge. Sth West Victoria is experiencing similar disaster. It's not only personal possessions the total affect includes loss of live stock and infrastructure that amounts to huge economic losses for the whole community in the affected areas. May God speed see an end to it for the people affected to find resolve and rebuild.