Wally69's Nugget Hunting Practice. The By-Catch.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dropped into my flogged to death honey hole with the NoX on the way home, picked this one up at 12" deep in between some junk :D :D :D

1521189609_image.jpg

Also gave a few spots a run chasing low numbers, picked up a few surprise gold plated items registering at the 1 to 6 ID mark, they need a cleanup before posting.

Very happy with the silver

Thought I would shoot a couple of low targets to see if some fine gold chains would pop out as I recalled I got a old brooch from this spot, but on reflection I think it was silver.

2 out of the three solid ID targets I dug ended up being gold plated, although the chain slug seems very heavy. Will need to clean it up a bit more, maybe someone repaired it with a couple of solid links.

1521191710_image.jpg

Certainly picking up on the gold tones Danny, was surprised what I have walked over with the 705.Think this one is steel alloy, copper, gold.

Also had 10 minutes at Nundle on my way home from Glen Innes to see if it could pick up some fine crevice gold. Got some could-be target responses but I didn't have any crevice gear with me. Happily pinned a few bits of wire deep in some crevices that I managed to extract with a knife, so would think a bit more than 10mins on some creek gold runs is definitely in order.

Went for a quick detour on the way home from work to see if I could find a bit of old ground

Success came with a thin penny, can just make out a young bun, a half penny, possibly same era but hammered or used as a packer of some sort, and a recent one 1911 HP

The silvers were a bonus :D

1522143584_image.jpg

The lead doll has some red paint left on it....from a time when you used to cut them out and give them to your baby to suck on :eek:
1522144381_image.jpg

1522144405_image.jpg

In the morning sunlight a date revealed itself on the young Victorian

1866 an interesting year.....

- The Barb won the Melbourne Cup
- John McDouall Stuart, the first explorer to successfully traverse up the centre of Australia and back passed away from legacy ailments attributed to his adventures. Best remembered every time you travel the Stuart Highway
- the first protective tariff bill was passed and put into law......with a major omission, they forgot to put the eBay security scanning provisions in place
- Brisbane hosted a Blood and Bread riot

Hit a spot around Lake Macquarie that has produced good numbers of predecimals and the odd early colonial relic for me in the past.

Loads of trash to contend with so I thought I would try park 1 and notch out anything below 14.

For an area I have vistited half a dozen times with the 705, I was surprised with the penny's that kept rolling out of the ground.

All 3 silvers came at the end of the session after I said to myself, thought I would have found a few silvers by now, maybe I got them all with the 705.

Find if the day was what I think could be a sash belt end or part of a buckle that depicts an anchor. Also found a musket ball and ball making lead bar within a couple of feet.

Got a feeling this spot may keep on giving. :D

1522533946_img_0453.jpg

Latest posts