Minelab Equinox 800 or 600 FINDS

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hAyyoUinAU

Rick
Reaction score
Happy for anyone with an Equinox to post their finds on here.

Mode: Park 1
Settings: Standard
Noise Cancelled: Yes
Ground Balance: Yes Auto 7
Targets depth: Half

1521183193_20180316_161506.jpg

Well I had another 30mins before picking kids up from school, so I headed to the same park I found some older decimal coins from.
So far, everyday I have used the NOX, I have walked away with a coin.
Today was no different, 4 targets, first 3 were strong lead signals, the last target was about 8 inches deep and on its side. Amazing...NOX was banging out 30s...
I thought at first it was a 20cent coin, then went to the car, got the gopro out, filmed the removal.
It didn't feel like a penny, and I can clearly see it isn't,

Any ideas, I haven't cleaned it with anything but water and a soft toothbrush.

My oldest coin find yet I think.

I would appreciate any feedback on what it is and worth if any. Pretty sure it is copper.

Ground Balance: Yes Auto 70 (Patchy ground, I like to rebalance to check, even though tracking is on)
Targets depth: 8 inches

1521527670_20180320_162840b.jpg

The condition is not as bad as I thought it was. Just had a layer of dirt caked on it.

Correction, it was in my World Coin Book.

Lol. Still cool find. Got me excited. lol

Got 15mins today after work. Dug 6 targets, 4 junk, the last was the Half Penny and satisfied my thirst.
The other piece is really interesting but I can not figure out exactly what it is.
It obviously has been shot, and the only markings on it seem to say "HERE"
If anyone has any idea would be great.
Also, the Half Penny has no mint mark, so I am thinking I should not clean it until I find out its value.
Good day.

Sensitivity: 21
Ground Balance: Yes
Iron Bias : 7
Recovery Speed: 7
Targets depth: 6 inches
Target Id: 26+-1

1522237692_28_mar_2018_small.jpg

Nice penny
The other looks like a bit of scrap tube :Y:
I'm sure you've already done some research of your area but if you haven't.. You are sitting on a gold mine for old coins. :Y: There are quite a few certain areas in Ipswich that should hold a lot of pre desimal coins.Good luck :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
Nice penny
I'm sure you've already done some research of your area but if you haven't.. You are sitting on a gold mine for old coins. :Y: There are quite a few certain areas in Ipswich that should hold a lot of pre desimal coins.Good luck :Y:
:eek: Why would you say that 8.(
:lol: :lol: ]:D

:lol: Could it say hers instead of here ?
1522271422_screenshot_2018-03-29-07-02-48.jpg

could be more of a clue here... is that letters as well ? 8)
1522271495_screenshot_2018-03-29-07-04-51.jpg

Thanks Smoky. I have a map from the 1880's of the Parish of Ipswich. It helps to give an idea of what areas had a lot of activity.

I am not sure Silver, it could say HERS, I will get the 50x Camera on it later and upload a better pic of the lettering.
I think it is SOMETHING more than NOTHING because of the writing and the fact they shot a bullet through it. Will be interesting to know anyway.

silver said:
Smoky bandit said:
Nice penny
Hahaha ...cause it's to far for me to travel ..And someone's got to pull those coins out of the ground :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
silver said:
Smoky bandit said:
Nice penny
Hahaha ...cause it's to far for me to travel ..And someone's got to pull those coins out of the ground :Y:
Fingers best be pulled out then cause the motels'll be fully booked by now..... be a sea of swingers shoulder to shoulder'n some of em'll be foreign speaking too... Uber'n v-line from the airport :eek: ... :eek: ... :lol:

silver said:
Smoky bandit said:
silver said:
Smoky bandit said:
Nice penny
Fingers best be pulled out then cause the motels'll be fully booked by now..... be a sea of swingers shoulder to shoulder'n some of em'll be foreign speaking too... Uber'n v-line from the airport :eek: ... :eek: ... :lol:
Yes that was my plan..Can't let hay u have it all :eek: :p

Mode: Field 1
Noise Canceled: Yes.
Ground Balance: Yes Auto 5
Settings: Custom 2 tone, tone break at 19, Sensitivity 16.
Iron Bias : 0
Recovery Speed: 6
Targets depth: 4-6 inches
Target Id: 24-25 Penny
Target Id Pendant: 22

1522290973_penny-pendant.jpg

Finally got to go out again today. All this practice has paid off. I dug 6 targets all up in about 1 hour.
4 Targets were coins. The other 2 targets I only dug to basically see what they were as the signals they gave were unusual, but interesting. One was an old pair of scissors about 12inches down, which made sense as I knew the target was long. The other was a complete bolt, washer and nut. Fair size, but NOX was only just blipping every second swing or so, and it was at max depth, so made sense, probably adjusting the iron bias a bit more would of sorted that one out, but at that depth I am not too bothered.
Every coin signal was exactly as it should have been. Great afternoon out.
It feels great to be able to pick and chose and not dig rubbish or junk out.
I won't be cleaning these coins too much, just bag em and tag em.
I have a nice little collection going. I don't like to post every find, must get boring seeing same old coins. Although any pre WWII coins are cool.

School starts tomorrow, so off for some prospecting now. But I must admit, this coin hunting is addictive too.

Great to see all the other finds so far. Everyone is doing awesome.

Sensitivity: 21
Targets depth: 8-12 inches

1523875410_20180416_202028.jpg

Latest posts