You are not logged in.

  • Register to access all forum features  

#51

Goldpick
Moderator
From: Mount Gambier
Joined: 07 November 2013
Posts: 7,389
Moderator
07 March 2018 05:14 pm

Good pickup on the rings, second one looks like tarnished silver - might be worth cleaning up a section to see how it turns out. Did well on the spendables too! thumbsup


Prospecting gear: Used - Whites GM3, GM2, GMT, ML XT17000, ML X-Terra 305, Garrett Gold Stinger, Tesoro Vaquero, Nokta RS pinpointer, Minelab Explorer SE Pro/Etrac, Ace 250
Current - XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics G2, Whites SPP, Garrett Infinium, Minelab Go-Find 60, XP MI-6, Minelab Profind, Whites Bullseye TRX, Deteknix X-pointer, Garrett AT Pointer

1 user likes this post: Danny13

#52

Danny13
Member
Joined: 01 May 2016
Posts: 2,415
Member
07 March 2018 06:32 pm

Goldpick wrote:

Good pickup on the rings, second one looks like tarnished silver - might be worth cleaning up a section to see how it turns out. Did well on the spendables too! thumbsup

Cheers goldpick , that’s what I been thinking , there are other numbers but far to faded .


GPX5000, CTX3030, Sovereign GT garrett pointer, harness.

#53

Danny13
Member
Joined: 01 May 2016
Posts: 2,415
Member
07 March 2018 08:35 pm

950 by the looks goldpick , but the numbers are warn , I’d be more inclined to say it’s 925 . Interesting ring that.


GPX5000, CTX3030, Sovereign GT garrett pointer, harness.

#54

Flowerpot
Member
From: WoopWoop
Joined: 09 January 2018
Posts: 515
Member
07 March 2018 11:04 pm

Hey Danny, would you recommend a nox to a newish coin hunter?

I have a cheapy whites prism 3, have found some coinage, do you reckon a nox would be a good upgrade.

The area i'd work is the local footy oval and netball courts and golf course, and the creeks through town, no beaches around here.

Interested what your thoughts are on that?

I have a bit of moola to spend and would like to upgrade.

Thanks anyhoo lol

Last edited by Flowerpot (07 March 2018 11:05 pm)

1 user likes this post: Trash

#55

Danny13
Member
Joined: 01 May 2016
Posts: 2,415
Member
08 March 2018 01:21 am

Hi plowerpot ,

I’m no expert when it comes to the large range of detectors available . My experience has been primarily with the minelab range . It all depends on your budget . For a few hundred dollars you can pick up a 505 or 705 second hand that will both do the job for coin and jewelleryrelic hunting . If your looking for gold then the 705 has that ability also . A step up in price and you have newly released equinox 600/800 , which seem to do well in different environments and weather conditions .

If you want to go higher end then you have the ctx3030, can punch a little deeper and has a range of coils for different conditions , and better discrimination ability than most.

At the end of the day if the targets are there and you have your coil in the right place then any detector will do smile . The ones with the bells and whistles allow you to determine if you want to dig a target based on vid numbers and a discrimination screen like the ctx which might save you time and effort , so you can focus on your intended targets .

For me I like the ctx and Nox because their great for what I need them to do in a competitive space . Waterproof and I can take them night detecting in the rain.
However any of the detectors I mentioned would do the job well. There are plenty of others that I have not mentioned but I don’t want to over complicate it for you flowerpot. Kind regards Danny


GPX5000, CTX3030, Sovereign GT garrett pointer, harness.

4 users like this post: Smoky bandit, Trash, Flowerpot, Secret Squirrels

#56

Wally69
Member
From: Sydney
Joined: 13 December 2013
Posts: 2,675
Member
08 March 2018 08:29 am

Yes - Flowerpot

You can point and shoot on factory settings - happy or not, the machine will give you some money back, even a ring or two

2 users like this post: Flowerpot, Danny13

#57

Flowerpot
Member
From: WoopWoop
Joined: 09 January 2018
Posts: 515
Member
08 March 2018 03:25 pm

Danny13 wrote:

Hi plowerpot ,

I’m no expert when it comes to the large range of detectors available . My experience has been primarily with the minelab range . It all depends on your budget . For a few hundred dollars you can pick up a 505 or 705 second hand that will both do the job for coin and jewelleryrelic hunting . If your looking for gold then the 705 has that ability also . A step up in price and you have newly released equinox 600/800 , which seem to do well in different environments and weather conditions .

If you want to go higher end then you have the ctx3030, can punch a little deeper and has a range of coils for different conditions , and better discrimination ability than most.

At the end of the day if the targets are there and you have your coil in the right place then any detector will do smile . The ones with the bells and whistles allow you to determine if you want to dig a target based on vid numbers and a discrimination screen like the ctx which might save you time and effort , so you can focus on your intended targets .

For me I like the ctx and Nox because their great for what I need them to do in a competitive space . Waterproof and I can take them night detecting in the rain.
However any of the detectors I mentioned would do the job well. There are plenty of others that I have not mentioned but I don’t want to over complicate it for you flowerpot. Kind regards Danny

Thankyou Danny, I'll suss out the ctx3030 also and take into account ease of use and capability of both machines, that's a good reply for me to take enough info from to be able to make a decision eventually.

I like the pics that you post of your finds and additional info you add about the nox is interesting too, I've lots to learn about coin and relic hunting, but the couple of times I've been out and had a go have been a hoot, I like the idea of night hunts, but around here I'm scared of pumas !!! Lol, joke people tongue tongue . Pumas are quite tame.

Wally, Thankyou too, that's a good confident answer for me to take on board as well.

1 user likes this post: Danny13

#58

Danny13
Member
Joined: 01 May 2016
Posts: 2,415
Member
08 March 2018 10:05 pm

Started panning -20 + 30 mesh dirt bought back from from out west of south west of Warwick . Picks below 1520507129_013c6f7f-88a7-4482-8130-ca0567b03d89.jpg


GPX5000, CTX3030, Sovereign GT garrett pointer, harness.

17 users like this post: 7.62marksman, DetectingSA, Smoky bandit, Detectorist, ktmman, Flowerpot, Heatho, Mackka, silver, caparobertsan, golddiggerart, SinHof, Dron, hAyyoUinAU, Trash, Secret Squirrels, B5MECH

#59

Smoky bandit
Member
Joined: 05 April 2016
Posts: 2,501
Member
08 March 2018 10:20 pm

Holy crap Dan.. virgin ground..you don't find that these days ..well done mate. yikes yikes big_smile


No pain No gain..

#60

Danny13
Member
Joined: 01 May 2016
Posts: 2,415
Member
08 March 2018 10:26 pm

Smoky bandit wrote:

Holy crap Dan.. virgin ground..you don't find that these days ..well done mate. yikes yikes big_smile

The rest of the ground was not virgin...... but that makes 2 ounces , and plenty to pan .back breaking stuff panning tongue


GPX5000, CTX3030, Sovereign GT garrett pointer, harness.

2 users like this post: silver, Flowerpot

#61

Danny13
Member
Joined: 01 May 2016
Posts: 2,415
Member
08 March 2018 10:48 pm

1520509640_9b9c3a7f-febd-485a-962c-48288ed6def4.jpg

Smoky bandit wrote:

Holy crap Dan.. virgin ground..you don't find that these days ..well done mate. yikes yikes big_smile

That’s the bigger stuff Smokey, think I might move there big_smile


GPX5000, CTX3030, Sovereign GT garrett pointer, harness.

17 users like this post: 7.62marksman, Flowerpot, Moneybox, Smoky bandit, Heatho, Mackka, caparobertsan, silver, Trash, golddiggerart, SinHof, Dron, AussieChris, ktmman, Sandta, Wishfull, B5MECH

#62

Dave law
Member
From: East Maitland
Joined: 09 February 2015
Posts: 872
Member
08 March 2018 10:53 pm

" WOW "


I enjoy haveing my electromagnetic feild disturbed. NAPFA member. XP Deus. 9" low&9"hf coil MI6 pinpointer. Garrett AT Pro 15" Mars Goliath & detectnix wire free. Garrett Ground hog. Garrett pro-pointer AT. Diamond Digger. Oldest coin. 1797 Cart wheel penny X2. FOM winner 5/17.

#63

7.62marksman
Member
From: Nowra, NSW
Joined: 26 July 2016
Posts: 4,936
Member
08 March 2018 10:59 pm

Words fail me mate yikes yikes yikes


Highbanker, Sluice, Trommel, Gold Monster 1000 (Khaleesi), Garrett Ace 400i (Rhaegal), Go-Find 40 (Nymeria), Non Turbo 2.8lt Hilux (Turtle), NAPFA member ----A disposal technician at a dead run outranks everybody

1 user likes this post: Danny13

#64

Mackka
Member
From: Brisbane
Joined: 18 February 2014
Posts: 2,533
Member
09 March 2018 07:35 am

Pretty as a picture Danny.
Mackka

1 user likes this post: Danny13

#65

silver
Member
Joined: 19 December 2013
Posts: 13,561
Member
09 March 2018 08:32 am

glasses yikes thumbsup


What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

1 user likes this post: Danny13

#66

Trash
Member
From: 3030, VIC
Joined: 26 January 2018
Posts: 403
Member
09 March 2018 10:22 am

Just great - Cornflakes ...!

That’s the most I’ve seem come out of there for a long time


Gpx 5000 ( sold ) Sov. GT ( Sold ) Ctx 3030

1 user likes this post: Danny13

#67

Danny13
Member
Joined: 01 May 2016
Posts: 2,415
Member
12 March 2018 11:17 pm

On the hustings with the Nox , no bling but plenty of zing .

1520857053_a545bbad-273d-4ded-91f1-6d66a3f395ba.jpg


GPX5000, CTX3030, Sovereign GT garrett pointer, harness.

12 users like this post: 7.62marksman, silver, golddiggerart, ktmman, numpty, RM Outback, Rockhound, Smoky bandit, Heatho, SinHof, Flowerpot, B5MECH

#68

silver
Member
Joined: 19 December 2013
Posts: 13,561
Member
12 March 2018 11:25 pm

Your zing can sing ! lol
thumbsup angel thumbsup
angel rainbow angel


What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

1 user likes this post: Danny13

#69

golddiggerart
Member
From: Frankston , VIC
Joined: 26 May 2014
Posts: 3,057
Member
12 March 2018 11:30 pm

Looking good mate......The nox is going to pay for itself in no time.. smile thumbsup


Never give up on your dreams.... They are all worthy of your focus.....

1 user likes this post: Danny13

#70

Danny13
Member
Joined: 01 May 2016
Posts: 2,415
Member
14 March 2018 01:34 am

Out and about tonight , seeing how the swell was developing from the east coast low pressure system , but nothing substantial yet and no cuts .

Decided to do my bit for the environment and remove as many bottle tops and assorted rubbish . Not much about in terms of good targets in this location but I noticed the council had just built a pad about 10 meters high and 40 meters long (45 degree angle) from trucked in dirt . Ended up gridding that on the 45 which saved the night from being a total “luck-out”. 925 ring and another American dime .

Here are the pics

1520951613_1b465d70-26c0-4487-aefe-f63205190757.jpg
1520951613_6c33a1bb-c5f2-438d-bb58-a5e69faaa0eb.jpg
1520951614_01cd979a-b935-40bd-85c8-9661cf0aef7a.jpg
1520951614_7538dde1-1384-4438-add7-2e6b1a698c72.jpg
1520951743_d4266c30-4dc1-4fdb-a3db-95287c1a02d9.jpg

Broke my record with 3 individual keys big_smile

Last edited by Danny13 (14 March 2018 01:36 am)


GPX5000, CTX3030, Sovereign GT garrett pointer, harness.

14 users like this post: silver, numpty, Jackthehound, Rockhound, Smoky bandit, 7.62marksman, Heatho, ktmman, Trash, SinHof, Goldpick, Flowerpot, B5MECH, golddiggerart

#71

silver
Member
Joined: 19 December 2013
Posts: 13,561
Member
14 March 2018 02:21 am

Obviously the dimes too new to be silver hey
nice ring saver though mate ! tongue
thumbsup cool thumbsup


What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

1 user likes this post: Danny13

#72

Smoky bandit
Member
Joined: 05 April 2016
Posts: 2,501
Member
14 March 2018 07:10 am

Well done dan. thumbsup thumbsup But what's the go with the bottle tops..(the twist top ones)The xterra doesn't get those type.. :Y:I notch out all negitives plus 2..4 and 46 and it blanks them out. Are the the same as a goldie on the Nox .

Last edited by Smoky bandit (14 March 2018 07:14 am)


No pain No gain..

1 user likes this post: silver

#73

Danny13
Member
Joined: 01 May 2016
Posts: 2,415
Member
14 March 2018 10:41 am

Smoky bandit wrote:

Well done dan. thumbsup thumbsup But what's the go with the bottle tops..(the twist top ones)The xterra doesn't get those type.. :Y:I notch out all negitives plus 2..4 and 46 and it blanks them out. Are the the same as a goldie on the Nox .

They can be , but there is a distinct sound difference and the numbers jump around indicating your beer tops and bottle tops . I just dug them Smokey because I had no good target after 2 hours and thought I would take some junk out of the environment. The discrimination on the Nox is not bad , you can tell weather you have a rusty beer top/ bottle top or it’s newer .


GPX5000, CTX3030, Sovereign GT garrett pointer, harness.

2 users like this post: Smoky bandit, Flowerpot

#74

Smoky bandit
Member
Joined: 05 April 2016
Posts: 2,501
Member
14 March 2018 10:58 am

Ok cool..Good on you for cleaning the beach..my gt arrives in 4 weeks and I'll have a Nox to play with for a week as well.Not sure if I want to though cause I may end up wanting one thumbsup big_smile


No pain No gain..

#75

Danny13
Member
Joined: 01 May 2016
Posts: 2,415
Member
14 March 2018 11:45 am

Smoky bandit wrote:

Ok cool..Good on you for cleaning the beach..my gt arrives in 4 weeks and I'll have a Nox to play with for a week as well.Not sure if I want to though cause I may end up wanting one thumbsup big_smile

GT’s are pretty good though


GPX5000, CTX3030, Sovereign GT garrett pointer, harness.


Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site

Top