Opinions Please

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm afraid I think it's Matt Pelava when it comes to the radar device. He is a nice bloke. I was going to watch that video but when he pulled that thing out I hit the stop button. Just being picky but both videos are filmed as long shots so you can't get a decent look at what is happening. All his other vids are nice and close so you are part of it.

My thoughts exactly. I tried to tell Matt, but I guess he is a "find it out himself guy"
Not my money so I can't complain.

Technically I have never tried one and wouldn't bother, but if anyone every wants to try prove to me that they work, I would be very welcoming.
I am a sceptical sceptic. lol

Amazing some of the garbage they sell though. And what people will buy or try.

I am lazy, I like to see what other people go through and discover before I fork out my hard earned money. Which there is never enough of.

I'm with you. That's how I do my research as well. Minelab has been finding gold for a long time. I had no idea when I started looking so I watched as many people as possible then decided from there. Minelab was my goal. I bought a Whites GMT as my first gold detector which I was very happy with. Then as funds improved went to a 4500 as well as 2300. Happy camper

kemjak57 said:
I'm with you. That's how I do my research as well. Minelab has been finding gold for a long time. I had no idea when I started looking so I watched as many people as possible then decided from there. Minelab was my goal. I bought a Whites GMT as my first gold detector which I was very happy with. Then as funds improved went to a 4500 as well as 2300. Happy camper

I was the same but went for a Gold Racer. Always wanted the Minelabs. The only thing that steered me away from the GPX series was the additional battery and stuff. So I went SDC and then as the gold came, eventually ZED. Now NOX as a pairing.
Happy Camper as well.

My next item will be a GOLD CROC. I haven't done any sluicing of such, just panning, so that will be fun.

Yeah I'm not a fan of Matt, in another video he was dissing NF evo and Coiltek evolution coils trying to prove his Detech coils were better for half the price but I'm not sure you'd detect normally with the settings he must be running on the 12" evo and swing speed much too fast, anyone can get the results they want to show when they're going to do that kinda stuff.

He states in these video's he's only doing this for himself and nobody else, why film it then post it and say in the description "You be the Judge You got the evidence" if that's the case? :N:

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iunDmQgV-5I[/video]

ProspectorPete said:
Yeah I'm not a fan of Matt, in another video he was dissing NF evo and Coiltek evolution coils trying to prove his Detech coils were better for half the price but I'm not sure you'd detect normally with the settings he must be running on the 12" evo and swing speed much too fast, anyone can get the results they want to show when they're going to do that kinda stuff.

He states in these video's he's only doing this for himself and nobody else, why film it then post it and say in the description "You be the Judge You got the evidence" if that's the case? :N:

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iunDmQgV-5I[/video]

Yeah. I must agree I am not a fan regarding the equipment comments or the testing. But I am impressed at his positives.
I take his advice regarding metal detectors and modern tech with a grain of salt.

Ridge Runner said:
They don't seem to import the Makro DH over here so I have not had a chance to play with one,,

Which model would you like to see in action, we'll organise that for you.

We sell the full range of Makro and Nokta detection technologies.

I found I couldn't listen to him as he kept repeating himself over and over, I got it the first time that he had two targets and that he was testing two metal detectors, plus the lack of any editing made this quite painful to watch.

Latest posts