You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

reefer
11 March 2018 10:46 pm

yeah fellas its holden... tongue Good idea about the rubber Ken!...I'll source some brackets and mount three tyres like Fenders on each side! tongue ....and a couple of big doozy one of a Caterpillar on the front to push you up hill! devil devil cool haha!LMAO.

We swear by the Southern Cross, to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our Rights and Liberties.

3 users like this post: aussiefarmer, 7.62marksman, RM Outback

reefer
12 March 2018 07:42 pm

Well folks, no pics tonight...but good news! tongue Progress on the the left-rear end. cool It was a bright sunny morn'n and I got the shed open, layed out the power lead, took the tarp off the Van...and went in for a bite to eat. tongue
Came out to find a southerly blowing in off the sea and ominous dark clouds rolling in. mad
With the new mural not covered with a coat or two of clear-cote....it was all hands on deck!....undo the power from the multi-tool roll up the lead,pack everything up, slam the door shut and throw the tarp over all!.
Went in and watched the news,wandered about and scratched my ar..arthritic-knee.A cup of coffee and more tele..and...bright sunshine! 8) So the ritual began all over again... roll shed, power..etc.So then I turn around late in the day and it's coming in again..this time it's wet lol lol so mad panic pack up and no pics.
The thing is it's all pretty much plain sailing now and the only drawback is the weather.

We swear by the Southern Cross, to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our Rights and Liberties.

4 users like this post: 7.62marksman, aussiefarmer, FireandIce, RM Outback

reefer
13 March 2018 08:52 pm

Did I say 'pretty much plain sailing'...For crying out loud!...The weather didn't look good this morning with a fine 'scotch mist' hanging around and I'm ,..like...should I get the gear out or...?? roll
Eventually, The cloud lifted and I took the plunge and set the gear up. lol First item of the day was to prepare the rear end section for painting...check! thumbsup Race up to Bunnings and get pad-locks,bolts etc!...check! thumbsup Forgot to get a Toggle switch for the water pump!...CROSS! sad SWEAR...PUNCH MYSELF IN THE HEAD!... tongue
Anyway!... roll On with mounting the latches...O..OH!..Bolts are to big for the mounting holes... mad Break out the drill and resize holes thumbsup ...check! thumbsup Next drill out the hole for the latch bolt to seat into...not so easy!...the weather ridge on the the old window frame was getting in the road! mad Damn!...wander around...swear...Then came the lightbulb-moment! thumbsup thumbsup lol lol devil drill it from the outside where it's flat and the drill is unimpeded! thumbsup tongue tongue roll Check! thumbsup Drill and mount the bolts through the door, using the 'star pattern type bolt-heads...just might make it a little hard for the opportune thief! devil Check! tongue
So pic 1. is the repair to the rear corner ready for paint....and below that is the Van door with locks in place...albeit a little out of sync.. tongue but at the end of the day....I just didn't care. devil The next and final job on the door, is to affix a frame around the Mural and give the whole thing a couple of coats of Clear-Cote.
Mean-time my lawns and garden are crying out for a Gardener tongue So we'll leave the tools in the shed for a day or two while I rack up a few brownie points! devil devil tongue ...Cheers ter y's.
1520934724_001.jpg
1520934752_003.jpg

5 users like this post: Trash, Wishfull, FireandIce, PabloP, Mackka

7.62marksman
13 March 2018 09:05 pm

Looks good mate well done
That corner came up really good so the only thing left is painting it again
I thought you had heaps of brownie points already but a few more cant hurt lol lol

Highbanker, Sluice, Trommel, Gold Monster 1000 (Khaleesi), Garrett Ace 400i (Rhaegal), Go-Find 40 (Nymeria), Non Turbo 2.8lt Hilux (Turtle), NAPFA member ----A disposal technician at a dead run outranks everybody

1 user likes this post: reefer

reefer
15 March 2018 11:28 pm

Well it was nearly a No Go today. The heat in my backyard, without the benefit of the nor-easter was just stifling.So it wasn't till later in the day before I decided to continue with the repairs and painting the two rear-end stops was first up.1521115367_001.jpg next was connecting up a new toggle switch for the water pump and trying to figure out a way to have the rear door open ..where struts were out of the question because of the amount of draw-weight involved...Idid not want to wreck Ken's good job of mounting the new door, or Shaun's amazing Mural..so scratch the struts!. A tent pole standing up under the door is a pain in the rectum...just ask Ken...one of us...I'd say it was Ken.. devil tongue Knocked one loose while we were working on the original door!...and we both copped a clout on the Noggin!.. tongue lol lol lol Since then the little fairy who follows me around has managed to do the same to me about a dozen times! mad tongue So what to do!...the solution hit me in the Noggin lol in the form of the two locking rods that were also on the original door and they are which you can see in the photos below.1521116140_002.jpg1521116162_003.jpg
You'll forgive me if I said it's a good example of 'thinking outside the box'..trailer!...Corny I know..but hey!..I'm old..so Ken keeps reminding me! big_smile lol roll devil devil
So what I wanted was free and unencumbered access to the Van and the pic belows demonstrates that pretty well.
]1521116476_005.jpg
Next job is to 'Frame' the Mural itself, in an attempt to create a sense of a three dimensional aspect to it..like as though you are looking inside through a window! tongue tongue devil It may not do that ..but it will certainly 'pop' the mural somewhat...I hope. roll The left-hand side cupboard is more like Robin Hood's bow as a result of the crash impact..so there's not a lot Ican do with it...and the water closet has to have a bracket to retain the water tank and a sturdy new door, so that's next up...cheers ter y;'s Rossco.

Last edited by reefer (15 March 2018 11:31 pm)

3 users like this post: 7.62marksman, Wishfull, numpty

7.62marksman
15 March 2018 11:34 pm

Looking good mate
Like the brackets they work well by the look of them
I think you need to do some house keeping to the inside mate devil devil devil
Remember age is just a number ok so you have a lot of numbers up lol lol lol

Highbanker, Sluice, Trommel, Gold Monster 1000 (Khaleesi), Garrett Ace 400i (Rhaegal), Go-Find 40 (Nymeria), Non Turbo 2.8lt Hilux (Turtle), NAPFA member ----A disposal technician at a dead run outranks everybody

reefer
15 March 2018 11:46 pm

...What I don't want is for my number to come up anytime soon! tongue At least not till Ifill me jar up with nuggets ,melt into an ingot and cash it in and have the wildest party of mylife!.... devil devil cool

1 user likes this post: FireandIce

7.62marksman
15 March 2018 11:49 pm

Mate there is a lot more numbers yet mate have no fear of that
Besides to much yellow stuff out there waiting for you to save

reefer
19 March 2018 08:26 pm

Ok so here's the latest on the repairs to the Demon. tongue Saturday was no go for me with the pain in my knee too severe to do much but hang around the house and winge! big_smile That's after I had did the edges and mowed the lawn..again! roll
Just put too much stress on the knee and boy!..did it sting. mad cry cry Sunday was just too hot to do more then sit in front of the fan and winge about the heat tongue 37.5 degrees at my place but with no breeze it seemed more like 47.5 8) yikes 8) 8)
So today,...suitably medicated against the pain I pushed on and started with a couple of brackets to the the rear left corner of the trailer.It's the side that copped the whole lot of the impact of the tree and despite Ken's best efforts to rectify the welds and add a piece of gal-box section, there is still movement which over time will weaken the upright in the corner of the trailer1521450492_001.jpg. Below shows the braces in place.
Next on the list was fitting rubber seals to the sides of the trailer to weather-proof the back.1521450605_002.jpg
1521450627_003.jpg
Next up was to complete the frame around the rear Mural and apply another layer of varnish to it and the Mural...one more lot of sanding and then a final coat.I'm really pleased with it and that's just gonna have to be it.
1521450966_005.jpg
Tomorrow will be to attach a new door to the water closet and wack on a latch.Below shows the remnants of what's left of the old door and the sorry state of all the warped timber...but hey!...I'm not going to even try too much to straighten all that..everything still opens and shuts so that will have to do. roll devil 1521451275_004.jpg
So tomorrow is the above repair as well as some filling of the gouge out of the cabin roof and apply a rubber seal to cover the gap between the bottom of the door and the top of the trailer wink Then comes a lick of paint to the sides and that's it!.So hopefully my next post in a day or so will see the finished job! thumbsup thumbsup cool

Last edited by reefer (19 March 2018 08:28 pm)

2 users like this post: 7.62marksman, Billy

7.62marksman
19 March 2018 08:44 pm

Looking good mate
Dont forget about Wednesday hope you have some brownie points left devil devil

reefer
19 March 2018 08:46 pm

HAHA!....RACK'N EM MATE! devil devil ...Do you know how to get there!

7.62marksman
19 March 2018 08:47 pm

Yes by car its to far to walk tongue tongue tongue

reefer
19 March 2018 08:50 pm

roll

reefer
19 March 2018 09:02 pm

Your shout for coffee smarty! thumbsup thumbsup lol lol devil

7.62marksman
19 March 2018 09:07 pm

yikes yikes yikes i got the last one big_smile big_smile

reefer
19 March 2018 09:21 pm

yes you did....but that's what you get for being a smarty farty! lol mad mad ...Cupacinno...two sugars devil devil

1 user likes this post: LoneWolf

7.62marksman
19 March 2018 09:32 pm

yikes yikes yikes oh ok then lol lol lol

reefer
22 March 2018 09:30 pm

Ok..this will be the second last post on the saga of the camper-trailer.
Today, despite a lot of trouble with my knee I pushed on and completed the new door,paint and repair of rear side end and installed a new water closet..this time using nineply and a sturdy lock to ensure that the water container stays in the cupboard where it lives! tongue
It was a nightmare to install the closet as the poor old van is way out of square and there is hardly any rhyme or reason to the two sise to which it is joined...but below is a couple of shots ..one with and one without the bolt lock affixed1521714266_003.jpg1521714321_007.jpg
A shot of the rear of trailer all painted and in good order!..sorta devil and finally the back door completed..it's been a hell of a rebuild. tongue cool 1521714512_011.jpg
Without Ken's assistance in getting things all connected in the right places this day might very well have not come so thank's mate. thumbsup thumbsup devil

3 users like this post: madtuna, Mackka, Billy

reefer
22 March 2018 09:33 pm

My apologys for the pics yikes They have not turned out in the right order and one has not even shown up! 8) mad
I'm over it!...At least you get the picture...so to speak.

7.62marksman
22 March 2018 09:47 pm

My pleasure mate it was fun (twice big_smile big_smile ) lets not try for any more please lol lol lol
I told you it could be rebuilt and the amount of work you have put into it is proof it could be done thumbsup thumbsup
Yes i done the cutting, welding and panel beating but you have done all the hard fiddly bits and they are always the hardest to do
The water cabinet should be fine now with a full door wink wink
Just need to remember there is heaps of storage under the bed for the stuff not used all the time
Generator
Highbanker
Water pump
Extra shovels
Crowbar
Change of cloths
All that sort of gear
so now is the time to pack it and sit back and enjoy yourself party party party party

reefer
22 March 2018 10:11 pm

Oh yeah! tongue 'Sit back and enjoy myself' I will surely do! thumbsup thumbsup cool Just the roof repair to sand back and a sand and paint to both sides...plus a little repair to the striping but that won't take long. Next after that it's up to the live-in seamstress to knock up a few curtains! lol lol Funny thing is she's as keen as mustard! lol lol ..Is she trying to get rid of me!!...hehe.Yeah...the kitchen and my highbanking gear are in there...got to cut a slot as you suggested! cool ...for the generator,but that won't take long. The whole internal has got to be vacuumed and washed down inside 8) bloody dust is everywhere lol lol I'm out of here on the 5th so I gotta git goin' so as I can repack..hopefully I'll be able to wack two new tyres on him as well. devil cool

2 users like this post: FireandIce, Wishfull

7.62marksman
22 March 2018 10:14 pm

Yes sorry forgot about them sad sad
Go to the wreckers and get some from there

reefer
22 March 2018 10:27 pm

Well mate the spare is brand new!....so if I swap that..it's only actually one I need...Iknow Greg down here at Jacks and he'll do me a deal on one new one...Ihope. devil but yeah if not I'll definitely be looking at a couple of used for sure! devil cool ..Anyhow mate this old dorg is sniffin' n' scratchin' around for somewhere to lay down devil Catch yer later alligator lol !

1 user likes this post: 7.62marksman

Trash
23 March 2018 09:07 am

Nothing like being ready for the next trip

Note to self - avoid roads with trees in the middle ....

Gpx 5000 ( sold ) Sov. GT ( Sold ) Ctx 3030 still have , 7000 just got , best I get it out of the box ...

reefer
23 March 2018 09:29 pm

Hi Trash!...good to hear from you....Your 'dead' right tongue who in their right mind would plant a gum tree in the middle of the road! lol devil hehe. Just too fast for that corner I'm afraid..note to self...take it easy in future! cool

Last edited by reefer (23 March 2018 09:29 pm)

2 users like this post: 7.62marksman, Trash

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site