Project: Camper Trailer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Fireandice!....I taught him well, did I not!... :p Not!.. ]:D Shaun ...and his elder brother... Matthew, are super talented in many ways.Each has a marvelous singing voice and they both play a number of instruments.
Together...On Stage....They are a delight to listen to. :cool: Their harmonies and instrumental prowess are just brilliant!.Funny thing is, they rarely get together :| Each are truely, masters of their own Destiny.
They have both been surfing since they were about three or four at the entrance to the 'Little Lake' here in Barrack Point.I taught them to surf, love and look after their mother... and to follow their Dreams...they have done the rest.

Reefer, I am absolutely blown away with your son,Shaun,s rendition. I am astonished and just shed a bit of wet stuff from my right eye, not both 8.( as I admire his artist skills that I don't have. I love it and will look him up when I need some art work done. Just magnificent.
Mackka

haha...you guy's.. :p There is no way on earth anything I painted would be up to Shaun's class. :rolleyes: So I'm not even gonna try!...But I have in mind some finishing touches with the surrounds of the thing ]:D and I think when the sides get rubbed back and repainted.the piping is replaced and the patch on the contact point of the left top is re-glassed and fine sanded and the weld-patches painted back to blue..that's about all I can do :p oh and the locking mech. and new switch for the aqua puredo.Then re-do the water cabinet and fit the curtains..and take the hump out of the left side storage.. :cool: ..I think in the long term it deserves one of those Awnings, that I understand are not too dear...and it should have new tyres.....big thick,chunky, mongrel ,gripping ,mother's of tyres! ]:D ]:D
Did someone mention Trees!...wash a yer mouth out with soap! :p ...On the road again!...just can't wait to get on the road again..going to places that I've never been... :p :cool: ]:D ]:D

yeah fellas its holden... :p Good idea about the rubber Ken!...I'll source some brackets and mount three tyres like Fenders on each side! :p ....and a couple of big doozy one of a Caterpillar on the front to push you up hill! ]:D ]:D :cool: haha!LMAO.

Well folks, no pics tonight...but good news! :p Progress on the the left-rear end. :cool: It was a bright sunny morn'n and I got the shed open, layed out the power lead, took the tarp off the Van...and went in for a bite to eat. :p
Came out to find a southerly blowing in off the sea and ominous dark clouds rolling in. :mad:
With the new mural not covered with a coat or two of clear-cote....it was all hands on deck!....undo the power from the multi-tool roll up the lead,pack everything up, slam the door shut and throw the tarp over all!.
Went in and watched the news,wandered about and scratched my ar..arthritic-knee.A cup of coffee and more tele..and...bright sunshine! 8) So the ritual began all over again... :rolleyes: shed, power..etc.So then I turn around late in the day and it's coming in again..this time it's wet :lol: :lol: so mad panic pack up and no pics.
The thing is it's all pretty much plain sailing now and the only drawback is the weather.

Did I say 'pretty much plain sailing'...For crying out loud!...The weather didn't look good this morning with a fine 'scotch mist' hanging around and I'm ,..like...should I get the gear out or...?? :rolleyes:
Eventually, The cloud lifted and I took the plunge and set the gear up. :lol: First item of the day was to prepare the rear end section for painting...check! :Y: Race up to Bunnings and get pad-locks,bolts etc!...check! :Y: Forgot to get a Toggle switch for the water pump!...CROSS! :( SWEAR...PUNCH MYSELF IN THE HEAD!... :p
Anyway!... :rolleyes: On with mounting the latches...O..OH!..Bolts are to big for the mounting holes... :mad: Break out the drill and resize holes :Y: ...check! :Y: Next drill out the hole for the latch bolt to seat into...not so easy!...the weather ridge on the the old window frame was getting in the road! :mad: Damn!...wander around...swear...Then came the lightbulb-moment! :Y: :Y: :lol: :lol: ]:D drill it from the outside where it's flat and the drill is unimpeded! :Y: :p :p :rolleyes: Check! :Y: Drill and mount the bolts through the door, using the 'star pattern type bolt-heads...just might make it a little hard for the opportune thief! ]:D Check! :p
So pic 1. is the repair to the rear corner ready for paint....and below that is the Van door with locks in place...albeit a little out of sync.. :p but at the end of the day....I just didn't care. ]:D The next and final job on the door, is to affix a frame around the Mural and give the whole thing a couple of coats of Clear-Cote.
Mean-time my lawns and garden are crying out for a Gardener :p So we'll leave the tools in the shed for a day or two while I rack up a few brownie points! ]:D ]:D :p ...Cheers ter y's.
1520934724_001.jpg

1520934752_003.jpg

Looks good mate well done
That corner came up really good so the only thing left is painting it again
I thought you had heaps of brownie points already but a few more cant hurt :lol: :lol:

Well it was nearly a No Go today. The heat in my backyard, without the benefit of the nor-easter was just stifling.So it wasn't till later in the day before I decided to continue with the repairs and painting the two rear-end stops was first up.
1521115367_001.jpg
next was connecting up a new toggle switch for the water pump and trying to figure out a way to have the rear door open ..where struts were out of the question because of the amount of draw-weight involved...Idid not want to wreck Ken's good job of mounting the new door, or Shaun's amazing Mural..so scratch the struts!. A tent pole standing up under the door is a pain in the rectum...just ask Ken...one of us...I'd say it was Ken.. ]:D :p Knocked one loose while we were working on the original door!...and we both copped a clout on the Noggin!.. :p :lol: :lol: :lol: Since then the little fairy who follows me around has managed to do the same to me about a dozen times! :mad: :p So what to do!...the solution hit me in the Noggin :lol: in the form of the two locking rods that were also on the original door and they are which you can see in the photos below.
1521116140_002.jpg
1521116162_003.jpg

You'll forgive me if I said it's a good example of 'thinking outside the box'..trailer!...Corny I know..but hey!..I'm old..so Ken keeps reminding me! :D :lol: :rolleyes: ]:D ]:D
So what I wanted was free and unencumbered access to the Van and the pic belows demonstrates that pretty well.
]
1521116476_005.jpg

Next job is to 'Frame' the Mural itself, in an attempt to create a sense of a three dimensional aspect to it..like as though you are looking inside through a window! :p :p ]:D It may not do that ..but it will certainly 'pop' the mural somewhat...I hope. :rolleyes: The left-hand side cupboard is more like Robin Hood's bow as a result of the crash impact..so there's not a lot Ican do with it...and the water closet has to have a bracket to retain the water tank and a sturdy new door, so that's next up...cheers ter y;'s Rossco.

Latest posts