Australia Post

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted something C.O.D. with auspost and asked if I could pay for the insurance up front, girl said 'no the buyer pays it at the cash on delivery end'. I asked here if it is covered if it goes missing and she said yes. Long story short Auspost lost the item, it was over $5k in value and told me that it wasnt covered by insurance as the insurance wasnt paid in advance. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Eventually got it sorted but I wouldn't take anything that Auspost says at face value. They were happy to leave me swinging and out of pocket by a fair amount.

Goldchaser1 said:
good news tuna,hey left field but was goin detecting tomorrow,you blokes got any spare boats up there? :lol:
Mate I was hoping to borrow yours.....my perentie is still stuck in the mud out in the bush :N:

Bogger said:
Good result MT .................... funny how they can't get away from that " Duty of care " Just a shame you have to push so damn hard to get a result :mad:
It is much thanks to your help Boggs so thanks sincerely mate

Great result steve,anyone who wants to compare a tasco to a swarovski has never used one in low light. At least you will still be able to pick out the humpys in the mulga
Jim

Going back a few years now went to fill up at the servo and card declined out of date expired :8 , I thought how is this possible the bank always sends a new card well and truly about 4 weeks before the expiry date who ever looks at the date...Called the bank and said it was posted last month but would send a new one anyway, about 2 months later two police men at my door with a court order in hand and a $5 note stapled to it, when I asked what have I done and what's the 5 bucks for they said that's to get you to and from Court Melb CBD and back 3hr round trip by tram :eek: ...I laugh and say You've got to be kidding me...What actually happened was the postman had stolen my new card and waited till the letter with pin was sent he then made a big mistake , he went to my bank in the same area and tried to withdraw cash...as a regular staff knew me there and engaged bank lockdown and police took him away...After a search of his home this guy had hundreds of cards that he and his friends were running a very healthy business from, the only reason he got caught is because the staff at the bank knew who I was and raised the alarm.
The postie admitted his crimes and my summons was waived (another day off work :( ) The good news was I got to keep the $5 bucks :)

Thanks Aus Post for having security checks not. :N:
Please if anyone here on the P.A forum works for Aus Post this is not directed at you, this was just one very rotten apple taking advantage of his employer and position.

reynard said:
Great result steve,anyone who wants to compare a tasco to a swarovski has never used one in low light. At least you will still be able to pick out the humpys in the mulga
Jim
There is a cat minus his head 125 metres out in the paddock who at 6:40pm tonight chanced his luck that my .223 was only sporting a Tasco :D

madtuna said:
reynard said:
Jim
There is a cat minus his head 125 metres out in the paddock who at 6:40pm tonight chanced his luck that my .223 was only sporting a Tasco :D

Am I missing something here or has this post been put in the wrong place?

madtuna said:
reynard said:
Jim

You sent it recorded delivery, clearly.

Wishfull said:
madtuna said:
reynard said:
Jim

Am I missing something here or has this post been put in the wrong place?

Think MT is just giving an example of the Swarovski capabilities over others in low light conditions :Y: :Y:

diggit said:
I I wouldn't take anything that Auspost says at face value. They were happy to leave me swinging and out of pocket by a fair amount.

I've had quite a few run-ins with Australia Post over the years because of their stuff ups.

Every time I've called Australia Post call centre, different people give me different answers.

I reckon about 5% of people who own or work in an Australia Post LPO (Licenced Post Office) these days actually know what they're talking about (that includes the "post masters"). Post offices are more like $2 junk shops with all the crap they sell, and most of their attitudes reflect that

numpty said:
these tools are at it again, 4 weeks for a letter to go from Melb to Ararat..... frick'n clowns!

At it again :lol: :lol: :lol: they haven't even started their current state of operation is just a trial. Their pathetic when it comes to service, not the people in the post office their independents working hard. But the executive organisation is nothing but laughable.

Jaros said:
Just recieved a parcel purchased 20/2 --I was on the bloody phone with 4x4 Supacentre when the postie came-even my dog was angry.!!

That dog of yours is worth every gram of tucker he wants, good boy Nelson.

I had the same thing sent detector handles to WA and one to Ozzie AU in SA the ones for WA got there in 3 days and Ozzies took almost a week go figure .PP

Processed through Australia Post facility 09:13am Wed 14 Mar CHULLORA NSW
Processed through Australia Post facility 11:56am Mon 12 Mar CHULLORA NSW
Processed through Australia Post facility 10:48am Mon 12 Mar CHULLORA NSW
In Transit 03:07am Sat 10 Mar column location, ARDEER VIC
Processed through Australia Post facility 07:05pm Fri 09 Mar MORWELL VIC

Why is my parcel sitting in Chullora for nearly three days? Probably takes them that long to work out if it's worth stealing.
Let me save you the trouble, Yes, it's my new UHF radio. Have at it.

Latest posts