I'm Back And Have Some Great Finds!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well out again Saturday and Sunday. Saturday i finally found where an original town site ive been looking for was. Drove 2 hours out to the middle of the bush and found it. It was overgrown and looks like a lot of dirt has been put on top so i was quite disappointed but as i walked around the current new bridge cars and trucks drive over i found this about 50 meters from the bridge haha . The most unexpected thing i expected to find especially out bush that remote!!
The things you find while metal detecting ? by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Sorry, Images are not acceptable for this family forum
Though it does make you laugh. :D

The things you find while metal detecting ? by Marc Russo, on Flickr

While walking throughh some snake infested bush i came across alot of broken glass so i knew there must be a bottle dump close by. I dug around with no luck then spotted a mount with a little yellow bottle on the surface. Cleaned up really nice too...
1920's
Untitled by Marc Russo, on Flickr

I dug the mound and then found this old Perth glass works embossed bottle!

Great finds Marc, Hey did you put some new batteries in that thing see if it would start,haha :lol:

Ha... I thought you'd found a detector and a pinpointer when I seen the first photo there, and was thinking someone musta died to lose that lot. Maybe it fell from a plane or a choppa. :rolleyes: 8)

Well a weeks worth of research on 2 locations payed off. The first is a WW1/WW2 training area untouched and relativity unknown of. After trekking 5 klm into bushland up steap hils,l i stood at the point where the soldier should of been firing from but nothing, no bullets, no rubbish, no clearing etc so i followed the "Danger Red area" on the maps (firing range) then i seen some unnatural structure then some later date humpys made from corrugated iron. One of the tree over the humpy still had 2 insulators from the WW2 days. I gladly took them haha
Here are some pics of the spot cleared and where soldiers shot from...

Some later date humpys

As soon as i started detecting we were finding 303 after 303 shells. I would only keep the good conditon 1914-1946 ones , lots of WW1 and WW2 shells. Lots of stripper clips, a few live ones and a couple duds and also a item that might of been used in a cleaning kit for the gun

Parker hale

The next location was a further inland location about 200klm from Perth was a location i researched where there was a camp settlement 1910-1950's. Unknown to most people except locals. On the way there i spotted an abandoned hall, i pulled up, did a u turn and went back. Detected out the back and found this great example of 1930-1950's consume jewelry . This was buried about a foot deep under a tree root

After a careful clean with warm soapy water and toothbrush...

We did most of that area but there were some parts that looked to dangerous for snakes so that will be for another day.
We finally arrived at the main spot a good 30klm away from the hall and it didnt take long to find the goodies...
1941-1942 Goomelling dog registration tag

After a light clean and oil

Couple old lighters.

1951 penny

old pram wheel

Left this great location for next time as there is alot more area to cover. Stopped at a park on the way home..

Latest posts