Finds with my equinox

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much time to use the nox with the prospecting season here, but did get out this morning before I go back to the scrub very shortly. Got one nice 9ct ring, a junker and a few coins.
1525321984_image.jpg

Yeah I have pics, they have pics. They been good down the local, never lost a ring yet. They did raid me for some bullets and a grenade that we found but ever since then they have been pretty helpful.

Yeah lost a couple of rings early on before I took photos and noted everything . Have not lost anything since the early days . I had a couple claim a a pair of sterling tiffany keys and matching solid sterling key tags , but I was happy that the owners collected their Tiffany engagement items that matched their engagement ring :)

tailormarc said:
Very nice! You got the 800 nox?

Yeah mate, I should have got a 600, I have found a nice specie amongst trash with my AT pro but no natural gold with this Equinox and I have tested it on a few types of gold bearing ground. I know there is gold in the ground because we are always finding it. I'll keep trying, works good on old town sites in the goldfields but again so did the AT pro. Definitely leaves the Garrett in the dust for depth on targets though.

You certainly have the golden touch that is forsure.

I was talking to the missus about finding the "exact" same ring while at the beach this afternoon looking at the scalloping for a swingeroo maybe tomorrow arvo on the low tide.

Sweet result :Y:

Westozadventures said:
tailormarc said:

Yeah mate, I should have got a 600, I have found a nice specie amongst trash with my AT pro but no natural gold with this Equinox and I have tested it on a few types of gold bearing ground. I know there is gold in the ground because we are always finding it. I'll keep trying, works good on old town sites in the goldfields but again so did the AT pro. Definitely leaves the Garrett in the dust for depth on targets though.

Can I ask why ?

Westozadventures said:
Heatho said:
Nice work, 18k?
9ct id was jumpy 27-33, I was expecting silver.

I would have been too with such a high ID. Must have plenty of copper or silver in the alloy. I found a 23k ring once with a CTX ID of 12:44, I was expecting a florin, was stoked it was gold though. But yeah, as we know gold jewellery is weird, can be any ID..... :)

xcvator said:
Westozadventures said:
tailormarc said:

Can I ask why ?

The extra dollars is for the gold mode, in air tests seems ok, in gold bearing ground it makes noise and throws numbers up everywhere, I found park and field modes to run quiter on the mineralized stuff where gold mostly is, but small pieces of iron give the same target Id as a .30-.50 so you'd need to be looking for chunks amongst the trash. Not your general wages nuggets. Then again I still need more time with it.

Latest posts