Golden Gully near Adelong

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone ever been to Golden Gully near Adelong? I have heard great stories about this place and was wondering what part parts of the creek people have found gold at (top half or bottom half or whatever). Not after anyone's glory hole or anything lol :lol: . Going to Adelong so I'll post what I find from the crevice that I didn't get to the bottom of last time. I found a good size picker or small nugget in the top bit of the crevice. :Y:

I cant remember exact locations , but my last and only trip done around the area was very disapointing .
Hope you have better results and please keep us updated.

That's unlucky Gary. :| I'll go to the spot at Adelong that I know will produce some nice chunky gold. I'll try the metal detector around the crevices and see what I get. Definitely keep you updated with the gold I get. :)

Hey Jack's Gem,

I'm interested to hear how you went. I'm at Wagga Wagga and interested in doing some detecting around Adelong on one of my days off. Any advice? I don't know Adelong well at all.
Cheers

Hi Baker, there is a lot of trash near the falls area and that's a heritage area (so a no-go zone). I would suggest finding a farmer or a landowner who is willing you to use their property to gain access to the creek.

A good spot for crevicing is at the rock bars near the golden gully caravan park and behind the main street. There is easy access there. What type of detector do you have? You would probably need one that is great at finding smaller pieces of gold such as the Makro Gold Racer, SDC etc. there as a few people would have been there before and there machine mightn't of picked up smaller pieces.

I panned a few nice pickers that a Makro Gold Racer definitely would've picked up, but I'm not saying where that was LOL.

Latest posts