You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Maldon Gold Centre
12 February 2018 08:30 pm

We're making Maldon Gold Centre even bigger by dedicating the whole store to prospecting.

Right now Maldon Hobbies and Maldon Gold Centre share two premises.

From 1st of March our larger store will be dedicated to prospecting supplies and metal detectors.

This gives us three times the room we are using now.

We have more than a dozen new products which will be available at the newly re-organised store.

Between now and 28th February we're organising both stores, so there may be some downtime.

However we're always contactable on 1300 575 707 and the website is open for orders 24/7.

Maldon Gold Centre - Authorised Sales of Garrett, Nokta, Makro, Fisher, Bounty Hunter, Teknetics & White's.
Maldon Gold Centre - Open 7 Days - 54 Main Street Maldon - Ph: 1300 575 707

11 users like this post: Chuky boy, 7.62marksman, Trash, BigWave, ProspectorPete, Northeast, limpalot, Jackthehound, dam it, aussiefarmer, Billy

Reg Wilson
12 February 2018 08:47 pm

Good on you Rob. Not only have you got probably the best range of detectors in the country, but it is great to see a new and exciting business in Maldon. Along with the new motorcycle shop and museum just up the street, this is a great boost to the town. You know I will help you in any way I can. I urge all prospectors to check out your new shop when they visit central Victoria.

Walmer Central Victoria
Began detecting 1979 Best colour 3Kgs Best patch 340 ozs.

5 users like this post: Trash, Maldon Gold Centre, ProspectorPete, Northeast, dam it

Maldon Gold Centre
12 February 2018 09:43 pm

Reg Wilson wrote:

I urge all prospectors to check out your new shop when they visit central Victoria.

Thanks Reg.

Some of the new products coming to the store include the Gold Cube, portable trommels, a bigger range of gold pans and panning equipment, a new range of picks, wireless detecting headphone systems, a bigger range of books and a few more surprises we're keeping up our sleeves for now smile

Maldon Gold Centre - Authorised Sales of Garrett, Nokta, Makro, Fisher, Bounty Hunter, Teknetics & White's.

Dignit
12 February 2018 10:10 pm

Congrats and good luck with the expansion

GPX 4500, pick, Jeep Cherokee and gold fever

1 user likes this post: Maldon Gold Centre

madtuna
12 February 2018 10:46 pm

Do you ship to rural WA? I'm after a gold cube.

Cheers!

Maldon Gold Centre
12 February 2018 10:56 pm

madtuna wrote:

Do you ship to rural WA? I'm after a gold cube.

Cheers!

We ship anywhere in Australia. thumbsup

1 user likes this post: madtuna

Flatlander
13 February 2018 09:13 pm

Good that u going 2 one of meet ups, it says alot ,u got my support

Maldon Gold Centre
11 March 2018 06:35 pm

The Maldon Gold Centre refurbishment is still ongoing. If anyone needs anything just call us on 1300 575 707 and we can help you out.

Online sales are unaffected.

Maldon Gold Centre
22 March 2018 07:31 pm

NEW STORE

We are opening a new store at 45 - 47 High Street Maldon from Easter weekend.

This is a massive new space where we will have

• The complete range of Metal Detectors from White's, Garrett, Nokta, Makro, Fisher, Teknetics, Bounty Hunter and more.

• 72 different metal detector models to choose from.

• Coils, Skidplates and Accessories

• Picks, Shovels and Recovery Tools

• Doug Stone Books & Maps

• John Tully Books & Maps

• Wide selection of gold prospecting books

• Gold Cube Sluices

• SnakeProtex Snake Gators

• Outdoor equipment

and much more coming soon.

We'll be open on Saturday 30th of March and Sunday 1st April and then onto our regular trading hours.

At our old location we'll have the refurbished and remodelled Maldon Hobbies where you can buy stuff to do when it's raining and you can't detect!

Any questions please call us on 1300 575 707.

1 user likes this post: Viking

7.62marksman
22 March 2018 07:57 pm

how much mate
SnakeProtex Snake Gators

Highbanker, Sluice, Trommel, Gold Monster 1000 (Khaleesi), Garrett Ace 400i (Rhaegal), Go-Find 40 (Nymeria), Non Turbo 2.8lt Hilux (Turtle), NAPFA member ----A disposal technician at a dead run outranks everybody

Maldon Gold Centre
22 March 2018 08:04 pm

7.62marksman wrote:

how much mate
SnakeProtex Snake Gators

$142.50

7.62marksman
22 March 2018 08:11 pm

Thanks mate thumbsup thumbsup

Highbanker, Sluice, Trommel, Gold Monster 1000 (Khaleesi), Garrett Ace 400i (Rhaegal), Go-Find 40 (Nymeria), Non Turbo 2.8lt Hilux (Turtle), NAPFA member ----A disposal technician at a dead run outranks everybody

Mackka
22 March 2018 08:34 pm

Bought some ex British gators for $25 a pair at disposal store.
Mackka thumbsup

1 user likes this post: FireandIce

Dignit
22 March 2018 08:50 pm

I'd highly recommend the SnakeProtex. I've had a pair for over a year and I always wear them when out detecting. They are very comfortable and I feel very confident in them, and I'm shite scared of snakes. I was sold on them when I reviewed the SnakeProtex website and saw there product testing ....... people wearing SnakeProtex and letting snakes bite them. And they are used by Forestry and Parks people.

1 user likes this post: Chewy

Chewy
22 March 2018 10:45 pm

Yep love the SnakeProtex gaiters. Handy spot to stick the scoop to. big_smile

Here gold gold gold gold.

Dignit
22 March 2018 10:58 pm

I thought it was where you hid your flask wink

1 user likes this post: limpalot

Maldon Gold Centre
26 March 2018 11:45 pm

The new Maldon Gold Centre at 45 - 47 High Street Maldon will be offering something for every prospector.

• Free Barista Coffee* - Cappuccino, Long or Short Black, Flat White, Macchiato & More

• Cold Drinks $2 each - Coca Cola, Pepsi, Diet Coke, Fanta, Solo, Lemonade, Bottled Water

• Prepackaged Food and Refreshments

We have tables and chairs out under the verandah and bench seats in the front of each shop window. You can come and spend some time at the store, pick up some refreshments or stop for a coffee, soft drink and chat to others.

There's also a club room, with prospecting and metal detector books and magazines to read while you're visiting.

You can pick up free A3 Parks Victoria maps. You'll also find a selection of gold prospecting books you can't buy anywhere else.

At least once a month we're going to have a sausage sizzle out front of the store.

*Free Coffee is for Prospectors only. Show your Miner's Right or purchase one in store.

We officially reopen at our new store this Saturday 30th March with some unbeatable in store Easter specials on Nokta, Makro, Fisher, Garrett & White's detectors.

Last edited by Maldon Gold Centre (26 March 2018 11:46 pm)

6 users like this post: madtuna, Ship of fools, ProspectorPete, limpalot, Trash, Chuky boy

Eldorado
27 March 2018 01:31 am

Maldon Gold Centre wrote:

The new Maldon Gold Centre at 45 - 47 High Street Maldon will be offering something for every prospector.

• Free Barista Coffee* - Cappuccino, Long or Short Black, Flat White, Macchiato & More

• Cold Drinks $2 each - Coca Cola, Pepsi, Diet Coke, Fanta, Solo, Lemonade, Bottled Water

• Prepackaged Food and Refreshments

We have tables and chairs out under the verandah and bench seats in the front of each shop window. You can come and spend some time at the store, pick up some refreshments or stop for a coffee, soft drink and chat to others.

There's also a club room, with prospecting and metal detector books and magazines to read while you're visiting.

You can pick up free A3 Parks Victoria maps. You'll also find a selection of gold prospecting books you can't buy anywhere else.

At least once a month we're going to have a sausage sizzle out front of the store.

*Free Coffee is for Prospectors only. Show your Miner's Right or purchase one in store.

We officially reopen at our new store this Saturday 30th March with some unbeatable in store Easter specials on Nokta, Makro, Fisher, Garrett & White's detectors.

Sounds great mate,best of luck with the opening of the new store,free coffee and free maps,I will be sure to check it out if ever in Maldon.

ProspectorPete
27 March 2018 05:30 pm

I'm heading up your way on Thursday for 3 days, was hoping to pop in for a chat and map on the way up but might call in on Saturday then before heading home.

Minelab GPX 4500, SteelPhase sP01 Enhancer, NF Evo coils
Equinox 600, Whites GMZ with 6x4 Shooter coil

Northeast
27 March 2018 09:54 pm

Miners right = free coffee. I know where I'm heading next GT trip wink

Hope the grand reopening goes well. It sounds like a great shop thumbsup

Maldon Gold Centre
28 March 2018 09:53 pm

ProspectorPete wrote:

I'm heading up your way on Thursday for 3 days, was hoping to pop in for a chat and map on the way up but might call in on Saturday then before heading home.

I'll be in town tomorrow (Thursday). If you call on your way through I can meet you in between moving between shops.

Maldon Gold Centre
30 March 2018 09:52 pm

The new store is now open.

Here are some images.

Everyone is welcome to pop in for a free coffee. We have an undercover outdoor seating area with tables, chairs and benches.

We sell cold drinks, some pre-packaged food and free barista coffee for everyone with a Miner's Right.

mgcshop1.jpg

mgcshop2.jpg

mgcshop3.jpg

mgcshop4.jpg

mgcshop5.jpg

We now also buy gold, you can bring your gold nuggets and specimens to us and sell with confidence.

The shop is located at 45 - 47 High Street, Maldon and our phone number is 1300 575 707

7 users like this post: Trash, Northeast, 7.62marksman, Jaros, madtuna, Ship of fools, ProspectorPete

Jaros
31 March 2018 09:06 am

Looks good . I hope everybody heading that way drops in and has a look and get some local info plus some new gear as well.
Jaros thumbsup

Lottsa hope :F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Aldi detector, ? detector, Garmin Etrex30, 2 sieves,2 pans,2 sluices, Nugget sniffing Cocker Spaniel. X-Pointer PI by Deteknix, Nokta RS Pinpointer, Jobe Knife, Leschke Shovel, Pro-swing 45 Harness, Treasuremate 11 Amp.Gurney gusunder. VK4NLS

ProspectorPete
31 March 2018 11:53 pm

Maldon Gold Centre wrote:
ProspectorPete wrote:

I'll be in town tomorrow (Thursday). If you call on your way through I can meet you in between moving between shops.

Spewing as I headed out Wednesday but ended up in town on Thursday morning (long story) to buy a butane burner, called into IGA and saw the news paper on the windows and door shut so headed down to the hardware store and only saw this post yesterday otherwise would have waited around, ended up at Timor today but I'll definitely call in next time I'm calling through thumbsup

Minelab GPX 4500, SteelPhase sP01 Enhancer, NF Evo coils
Equinox 600, Whites GMZ with 6x4 Shooter coil

Maldon Gold Centre
01 April 2018 09:37 am

ProspectorPete wrote:

Spewing as I headed out Wednesday but ended up in town on Thursday morning (long story) to buy a butane burner, called into IGA and saw the news paper on the windows and door shut so headed down to the hardware store and only saw this post yesterday otherwise would have waited around, ended up at Timor today but I'll definitely call in next time I'm calling through thumbsup

The shop with the newspaper on the window is Maldon Hobbies, the new Maldon Gold Centre is at 45 - 47 High Street near the Robert Cox Petrol Station.

Hope to see you next time you’re in town!

1 user likes this post: ProspectorPete

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site