Recirculating pump information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is the filter we use on my banker under the end of the sluice to filter out the sand and rocks.. sometimes we use 2 buckets, one smaller and one much larger in our water container to get the rubbish to settle out more... out of the sluice into the first bucket into the bigger bucket and then into the large black water container....

Bunnings & other home hardware type places have a heap of black poly pipe & corners, joins, T pieces, ball valves & hose attachments in different sizes. There's a couple of pics on my thead about the sluice I got.

Ramjet said:
I use one like this pic. I think it's 700 GPH and I put a valve in the hose to control flow rate. I got mine on ebay but boating and camping shops should stock them.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/214/1452571129_rule_500-500x500.png

The white bucket catches the tailing so the don't go back through the pump. Works quite well.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/hJ9vv3uQ_rI[/video]
RJ how do you seal the sluice in that white bucket where the water is pumped into and feeding the sluice?

I've been waiting for that question. The grubstake is designed so that when the flared area is level the sluice is at the correct angle. A normal water feed would have run off the back so I put a bead of silastic between sluice and bucket. :D I just pull it off when I want to take the sluice away with me.

Hahah well I asked it. Would this work for an explorer sluice? (AM)

Len i use a 2000gph bilge from supercheap on my highbanker for cleanups at home using 1" bilge hose. Works great. Highbanker is 8"wide.
1452926087_optimized-screenshot_2016-01-16-16-28-08.png
. Can also use it on my sluice with my adapter. Sluice is 9"wide
1452926243_optimized-screenshot_2016-01-16-16-28-21.png
Was thinking of getting a 4000gph pump and adding a ball valve to adjust flow

Thanks guys, Steve, how do you make that thing where the water comes in and diverts it.?

Thanks mate, good pics for me to see, what is a, 'skim fitting' excuse my ignorance.?

Its a fitting to use with a bilge pump or drain for an anchor well. Used as an exit point on the side of the boat

I know the answer to this is here somewhere among the innumerable pages of posts, but;

Can I use a very small electric pump to recycle whatever water runs through a small sluice? Recycling is good, yeah?

Cheers, and I hope you will forgive me for not spending days and days and days wading through the masses of (often extraneous) posts related to this subject.

Cheers,
Mike

I use one for my lil sluice in my shed. Just change the water every so often. Don't let it get too muddy. And add the water treatment so your gold doesn't float.

Latest posts