Trying new areas by track names

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought i would venture to some unknown creeks around my area. There is little or no recorded history in my area as the mining register burnt down just after the first rush. I went to a single line track that drops into a creek that i have riden for over twenty years. The name of this old track is xxxxxxxxxxxxx. I dont think the Chinese we're in to red gold (red cedar), only gold. So to me the name must mean that the chinese were around in this area. So i panned up a few spots and this is what showed up
1520413023_rps20180307_195857_086.jpg
1520413136_rps20180307_200054.jpg
im pretty excited as this creek is only 5 minutes from home. :party: . Now im going to pan every creek, regardless if its not known as a gold bearing area.

What a great show of colour Bluecurrant.Even better that its a bit unexpected from an unnamed creek :Y:

Awsum! Thats blue current creek I say. Really pays to do recon. I've been 500m of target for ages I think till I went for a good snoop.

Good work Bluecurrant, but maybe you should have kept the actual name of the trail to yourself? :argh:

Now hit it hard and quickly before it becomes one more pock-marked spot with unfilled holes, beer cans, and used toilet paper blowing in the wind!

Whoops! Just realized that was a two year old post :lol: Hope you got back to it in time before it got cleaned out! :)

Deepseeker said:
Good work Bluecurrant, but maybe you should have kept the actual name of the trail to yourself? :argh:

Now hit it hard and quickly before it becomes one more pock-marked spot with unfilled holes, beer cans, and used toilet paper blowing in the wind!

Whoops! Just realized that was a two year old post :lol: Hope you got back to it in time before it got cleaned out! :)
Don't you hate when that happens ? ?

Latest posts