Where to prospect with no permission in WA?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Madtuna, I understand almost how it works now :D

But if I chose a blue tenement (pending), I can have only the postal address of the owner, so I have to notify him by letter? It's a little bit annoying if I have to do that every time :(

I will probably go to prospect in 10 days, but yes I will be carreful :)

Etienne said:
Thanks Madtuna, I understand almost how it works now :D

But if I chose a blue tenement (pending), I can have only the postal address of the owner, so I have to notify him by letter? It's a little bit annoying if I have to do that every time :(

I will probably go to prospect in 10 days, but yes I will be carreful :)

Hi Etienne,

Once you work out where you are going to detect, you'll obviously know what shire your pending ground is in. Every shire office office, post office, community centre etc will have contact details for the pastoralist. Also there's the internet.

A letter is fine but I've always found a phone call where you can both actually speak to each other or better still face to face contact is best. Sometimes though face to face isn't practical.

Yep it might be annoying but what's more annoying is the problems that can and do arise because some prospector hasn't notified the pastoralist. This also serves to make it harder for every one else.

If with all that you still cant find the pastoralists contact details, send me a pm and I'll find them for you.

Ok Madtuna I will try to contact them before and if I really don't find how to do it I'll contact you, thanks !

By the way I saw that you are the manager of the E. Station near Laverton, do I need a 40E permit to prospect here? If not, there is still few nuggets to find? Could be nice for my first detecting !

If the ground is not pending or vacant you need permission be it written or by 40E permit.

yes there are nuggets to find but the water at the moment make most of it inaccessable.

For example....

t4jfu8E.jpg

fobSwQR.jpg

I went detecting today but not on this station as it is way too wet and will be for a few weeks yet.

Wow, I didn't expect so much water in the bush, I have to be really carreful !

So as the manager you are able to give written permission or I have to contact the owner?

Permission to detect is between you, lease holders and mining companies nothing to do with the pastoral side of things.

Firstly work out where you want to detect and I'll do my best to help you out from there.
Remember, after applying for a 40E permit you have a 21 day waiting period before you can legally detect there.

I'm russell my first post how is everyone question when I contact the pastoralists on pending land and get a ok what the price it's so hard getting my head around all the info thank you

So to go prospecting on a pending el what steps do I take and is there any vacant land in wa I can peg I'm lost in information :|

Hi Russell, there is no cost to prospect on pending ground (apart from your miners right). a 40E permit to prospect on an EL is about $25.

Yes there is still plenty of vacant ground avaliable to peg in WA, but I'd be seriously learning about detecting and reading ground etc long before I went out and pegged ground so as not to waste time and money.

I would strongly suggest to pop into your local mines department with a written list of all your questions. Those ladies are extremely helpful and will set you on the right path.

So blue pending land with no pastrolist what steps do I take to legally prospect and costs? And is there a ha limit on pending

Most gold fields are on pastoral leases, are you sure there is no pastoralist??
As I said in the post above, there is no cost to detect on pending ground.

Again, best get a list of questions together and head to your local mines department. They can help you select ground, provide maps etc, the dos and donts and everything you need to know minus and x marks the spot.

whatsthetime said:
Hi Steve, I know about pending expl leases but are you actually allowed to detect on a pending PROSPECTING lease ?

Hi Fred,
sorry for the slow reply mate, yep any lease that is pending is fair game. Just make sure there is no underlying already granted lease.

Hi again Fred,
I'm not in Laverton but about 45 klms out.

Most shire offices or the local post office will have Pastoralist contact number as well as the local phone book. Just give them a bell when you're in town.

Mike who? do I know him?

Latest posts